Thought this would be easier

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john green

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 22, 2005
Georgia
Well I understand the basics to all this but I am still having some trouble.Coolsat 4000 Pro with a Direcpc 35 x 20 dish.I can nail AMC 4 no sweat,but not worth it just to see FOX 64 out of Texas.Everytime I hunt for Galaxy 10R,I run into the Echostar sats.I know I am close and have even tried a blind scan many times.Any ideas out there ? Thanks.

Hi John,
Welcome aboard. I don't know anything about the make of receiver you have, but I am sure it has manual entry. If so, run your dish close to where you think G10 is, then enter the following: Frequency 11800, Symbol Rate 26657, then start bumping your dish left and right until you start to get some signal strength. When you get a signal bump the dish until the meter hits it's highest number. Store it, do a blind scan and you are ready to watch G10.:) :) :)

Thanks Jim. I will try that and see what happens.I know I am close,but the blind scan keeps giving me the Echostar scrambled channels.

Your welcome. Lots of satellites are only 2 degrees apart and sometimes there is a bleed over from one to the other. I have a problem with IA6 bleeding on to G3, but when there is something on G3 it will pop on good and strong. That is the easiest way to find a satellite, manual entry and bump around until you get it.

If your motor system has a numbering system to mark the satellites, here is an easy method to find others. Go to a satellite, pick one that has programming on it and the one next to it (east or west doesn't matter) that has programing on it also. Go to the first one and bring in a good signal, write down the numbers where it's located, then go to the next one, find a good signal and write down the numbers. Subtract the lower number from the higher, the difference will tell you how many digits (we call 'em clicks) make up the 2 degrees between satellites. On my 922 the difference is 34. So when you want to find a new satellite and the one next to it is stored into your receiver, go to it, write down the number, add or subtract the difference, in my case 34, go to that number and 9 times out of 10 you will be on that satellite. Do a manual FR and SR entry, bump around a bit and it should come right in. Clear as mud, right?

If you have any questions to unconfuse you, feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
What I like to do is find 121W Echostar 9 IA 13. That is easier for me than 123W. Once I have that I move the dish to the right just a little until I lose signal. Then I rescan and most of the time I am on 123W.

Good luck find it.

john green said:
Well I understand the basics to all this but I am still having some trouble.Coolsat 4000 Pro with a Direcpc 35 x 20 dish.I can nail AMC 4 no sweat,but not worth it just to see FOX 64 out of Texas.Everytime I hunt for Galaxy 10R,I run into the Echostar sats.I know I am close and have even tried a blind scan many times.Any ideas out there ? Thanks.

Question ... Are you hooked up to a motor? I also have a Coolsat. I sat up on the roof with a 13" TV until I knew I had my TS sat perfectly honed in. I then moved to G10r and physically nudged the dish/motor assembly until it came in crystal clear. I then checked my other favorite sats, AMC3 to see if it still came in clear. I then physically nudged the dish/motor assembly until both G10r and AMC3 came in at acceptable levels. Since G104 is at 123.0 and AMC3 is at 87.0 everything else in between (and beyond for that matter) fell right into place. Really important to have a TV by your side when you're setting up! Good luck! You'll get it .....

It's also possible that if you're seeing Echostar transponders, you're seeing 121w, not 119w. 121w carries lots of Dish's locals. If you're on 121w, there's one clear channel that will say something like "Congratulations! You have a Superdish on 121w."

G-10R is just a slight nudge west from there. Very slight! :)

Since the Echostar sats are so strong, you can be on the edge of their signal and still get a good high reading. You might have to very slightly adjust the elevation of your dish as well for G10R when you move it a little west, as it is not as strong and requires to be postitioned more accurately. As suggested, manually enter the transponder data (of a strong transponder) and then search for the signal. Once you have a good signal, then adjust with a weaker transponder untill you have it peaked.

I appreciate all the suggestions on G10R, but I still can't get this one.I have tried everything mentioned in this thread and others.I can nail a strong signal from 121.I must be so close.Will get back at it saturday morning.Going back to work after being off for 11 days has interupted my fun.

Thanks to all I finally got it.I used a little bit of info from all involed in this thread,plus info from PSB and Iceberg.I am getting about 56 channels and a couple on radio.Is "Out There TV" on KTVC supposed to be a comedy ? It's very funny in an Art Bell kind of way.Jeez:rolleyes:
Is there anything of interest on G10R besides the basic stuff ? I am a bit dissappointed.

Your welcome John.

"Out There TV" is the most hilarious thing I have ever seen. All of their guest are always on the phone. Hell, that could be a stage hand. Friday was the best one. They were plugging a book that claimed the moon landings were fake. The author was on the phone (as usual) and he claimed that President Nixon was worried that the moon shot might not work. So to save embarrassment he had the CIA hire producer Stanley Kubiak to shoot a fake film to show in case Apollo 11 didn't make it. This guy claims that what we saw on TV that night (July 21, 1969) was a film shot by Kubiak and 12 of his people in a London studio. He says the A11 crew flew around in space for 2 weeks just to make it look good. Kubiak and crew were paid a good chunk of money and sworn to secrecy. As time went by the President got worried that Kubiak or one of his crew would let the cat out of the bag, so this guy claims the President had the CIA track down Kubiak and his 12 associates and murder them to keep them quiet. After the phone call was over the babe on the show was as giddy as a school girl and said "I have to get me a copy of that."

I was LOL!!!! I wonder what the 17 men that walked on the moon would say about this?

I knew the moon landings were fake.I just assumed they were shot in Hollyweird.;)
I might just have to tape some of this show for friends.At least it's entertaining.:)

John, the sad thing is that are people that believe that stuff. I don't mean just the "fake" moon shot, I mean everything thing they say.:rolleyes:

Sadly I have a relative that is like that, if they say it on TV or print it in the paper to him it's the truth.:what

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts