Thoughts on Fox's Justice

rockymtnhigh

Hardly Normal
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 14, 2006
Normal, IL
I watched the pilot of Justice on Fox the other day. Kind of like thew Law and ORder stuff, in that it moves through a whole case in 42 minutes, so not really original - except told from the perspective of the defense counsel.

I kind of liked it; but then again I like all court stuff. I though the PQ on the Denver FOX affiliate was very good on my 34" HDTV; as was the sound.

Any reactions from other forum members who saw it?

I give it at least a :up and will watch again next week.

Haven't had a chance to watch it yet. But I will this week. Will post my thoughts... I like law & order and want to see if the ruppert fox can get any innovative ideas (thank God it won't be another government conspiracy theory program :) )

I thought the second episode was much better than the first. I don't like the idea of the TNT&G firm as being representative of the defense MOST defendants get (its not!), but I enjoyed the flow of the show. Good enough for another week.

watched the first one and set up the dvr to record the rest. i enjoyed the firstone. have not had a chance to watch the second one yet.

Second episode was good. What I like about the show is that it gives you a non-law perspective (almost fictional) as to how cases are resolved. Anyone think high profile cases can be determined by the media? This show seems to think that this is the case.

Sean Mota said:
Second episode was good. What I like about the show is that it gives you a non-law perspective (almost fictional) as to how cases are resolved. Anyone think high profile cases can be determined by the media? This show seems to think that this is the case.

I guess if EVERY case you had was a Los Angeles Celebrated case, it is possible you could work the media the way this show does.

The strange thing to me, is how the show utilizes the tactics of class action tort lawyers for criminal cases; things like mock juries to test out witness testimony; its just not the norm except for the OJ-type cases. But we'll get 13 or 25 episodes of this stuff (if the show survives). Yet one more distortion of the justice system; although not nearly as bad as the distortions of forensic science from CSI :)

Although I liked the first two episodes, I think the show is going to be to predictable to hold my attention when there is anything else on. It seems they have a pretty ridged outline for the show. You can set your watch by when the mock jury is brought in, when Trot will show up the "American Crime" court show to spin the case, and of course the pivotal demonstration.

Other than that, it’s a good program.

I liked this 3rd episode. I am waiting to see if there is going to be an episode where they actually lose the case and the guy is innocent or viceversa...

Sean Mota said:
I liked this 3rd episode. I am waiting to see if there is going to be an episode where they actually lose the case and the guy is innocent or viceversa...

I too liked this episode. It was well done. So far, I am enjoying this show more and more; and even my wife likes it (she doesn't like ANY crime shows).

TO answer your question - when will they lose the case? SWEEPS WEEK. :)

Fox's block of original programming gave it fourth-place status among the networks for the night in adults 18 to 49, with "Bones" at 8 p.m. scoring a 2.7 and the new legal drama "Justice" at a 2.5. "Justice" was down 11 percent from its performance last week.

http://www.tvweek.com/news.cms?newsId=10747

Not good at all for Justice... Fox does not like it when ratings are not high...

Last week's episode was another good one. There's something about the show that makes it different than any other L&O show. I guess is their strategy in having enough resources to do it. I keep wating for a shocking verdict.

Sean Mota said:
Last week's episode was another good one. There's something about the show that makes it different than any other L&O show. I guess is their strategy in having enough resources to do it. I keep wating for a shocking verdict.

I just watched it last night, and thought the same. I was half expecting the jury to come back guilty. They CAN NOT win them all, or eventually (i.e., in the next several weeks) its gonna get really old.

Of course their strategy is one that very few defense firms can employ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)