Three large explosions from the Sun over the past few days.....

Well I did just lose my signal lock on my satellite for about 2 minutes and it was only a light drizzel going on. I have eastern arc and it has never been that high on all three of the satellites anyway. Just around 50 - 68 ranges. The 110 sat I have on a side sat still came in at 66. Makes me wonder if western arc might be better on signal strength than eastern arc in fighting rain fade. But eastern arc has better pq , in my opinion , on SD channels vs western arc, and being all mpeg 4 takes up less room on my hard drive.

When WA converts to 8PSK, those satellites will have the "same" signal strength as EA.

For example, check sat 110 TP 7, a TP that is already 8PSK.

So they will both drop out at the same rate during rain fade.

The QPSK TPs are only marginally more resistant to rain fade than the 8PSK TPs. I've checked it myself on 110. When the signal starts to drop, that gap between signal quality differences gets a lot narrower.

At their lowest strengths, I did notice a QPSK TP once had 11-12 (barely able to lock on) meanwhile on 8PSK it was 9-10 (couldn't lock.)

I just artificially affected my signal strength on 110, and at 43 SS on TP 15, TP 07 was 34.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)