Throwing in the towel

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
After tonight's Charlie Chat I've had enough. After the fallout of the Voom service, I bought a new 811 on Ebay. I loved it at first! As more and more of my viewing came from OTA HD then the downrezzing and now this poor upgrade plan, I can't sink any more money into this pit. Not to mention I bet the HD Pak will go to $25 for me, plus another $5 for leasing. No Thanks. I already have a cable modem with basic cable($3 extra), I might as well throw that $30 at Cox and get more, I'll get a cable card for the HD set plus expanded basic on the other sets in the house...the kids will be happier! ;) I'll enjoy the 15+meg rate 1920X1080i channels....6 months ago Cox just went the other way, they actually upgraded. They used to run 3 HD channels per QAM256 carrier, now they run 2 per QAM256 carrier.
Hopefully I can get at least $100 for on Ebay...that's more than Charlie would give me.
We enjoy'd it while it lasted folks..... I'll poke my head around here from time to time but until the deal is sweeter I'll be hanging out in the FTA section of Satelliteguys.

Good for you, enjoy it for me please, my local cable just announced full HDTV offerings to be started my March 2006, Cable is going to smoke Sat providers in HD, especially if the dumb ass guys like Charlie's bunch wish to force HD-Lite garbage on us

How much was your Dish bill?? and make sure and tell them why you cancelled

-Gary

Account disconnected after repeatedly telling the guy I was no longer interested in the HD offerings due to picture quality. He was suprised at my account since it only had the HDPak + Voom, he said he never saw an account like that before. He kept trying to sell me other packages or put my account on hold for March with the new MPEG4 upgrade was coming. I told him I was interested in the picture quality that DishNet has shown us in the past couple of months. The receiver is up on Ebay now.....

See ya in the FTA forum.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)