Tigers/Indians in a bit of a fistfight

Sheff is under contract for next season, but I don't see him returning here, either.

HD MM - don't look for any of those guys in a Cleveland uniform next season. You can't afford any of them, including Sheffield. CC would still be there if you could.

Wait There's More...

Victor Martinez had this to say the following day.
“He didn’t say nothing going down to first base. If he wants to do something, then charge right there. He just walked to first base with that attitude. Who is he? Shut your mouth and keep playing the game.”
Sheffield then followed up with this.
“Who am I? Tell him to check the stats. How many years he have? He’s going to learn respect. Somebody will teach him respect. Trust me. … He ain’t done nothing in this game. Anybody can have a couple years. Do it for 20 years, and then come talk to me.”

Judge Selig has Spoken

Fausto Carmona: Six games
Gary Sheffield: Four games
Victor Martinez: Three games (plus fine)
Asdrubal Cabrera: Three games (plus fine)

Carmona and Martinez are choosing the “appeal” route. Cabrera has not decided if he will do the same, as his suspension is slated to start on Thursday.

If you’re wondering why Fausto is getting the brunt of things when Sheffield was the aggressor, the six games ensures that the pitcher does in fact miss at least one start.

Conveniently enough, Carmona is slated to pitch tomorrow. While I’m not 100 percent certain, if Carmona were to withdraw his appeal following his appearance, the Tribe play four games in the following four days. The suspension could then carry over to next season, and Fausto could toss the third game of the year. This is all assuming that there isn’t a reduction, so in other words: stay tuned.

Oh, and it’s worth mentioning that Roid-Rage Sheff has also spoken again. Apparently, the suspensions are not enough of a punishment.
“They’re going to be penalized by me, too,” Sheffield said Monday. “That’s just the way it goes.”
When asked why he has gone public with that sentiment, Sheffield said, “When I challenge a man, I challenge him to his face. I’m not going to surprise you with anything. You’re going to know I’m coming. That way, you’re ready. I want you ready, just like I’m going to be ready. That’s what kind of man I am.”

It really is time for Sheffield to retire. He gave his all, and the well has run dry.

GO LIONS, AND TAKE THE TIGERS WITH YOU!

Paul,

The times he gave his all can be counted on 1/2 of a man who's hand has lost three fingrs due to an accident!

Let's begin to count the times he deliberately did NOT give his all and almost brought down entire teams because of his selfishness.....

I'm only familiar with the time he has spent in Detroit. I'll take your word for the rest.

BTW, I love your signature.

Paul,

Thanks. Believe me, I am not getting on Sheff for no good reason. I'll site two and we'll forget this turd:

1.) While a Padre, he began to feel "disrespected" just past mid-season and admitted to everyone after he was traded that he deliberately took it easy on fly balls in the OF and did not go out of his way to contribute to the team for the rest of the season.

2.) Coming into Spring Training with the Dodgers after having a fine season prior with no "bumps in the road" obvious, he went right to the press and demanded a trade. Everyone thought it was a joke, but it was just Sheff feeling "disrespected" again and bringing th team to its' collective knees and throwing a bright, new Spring Training camp into an absolute frenzy...all to feed his sick, sick ego.

And there are other stories...Florida, Atlanta...the trail of his self-destruction covers the country!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)