Tigers vs. Yankees

Yanks seem to have thier number, but 2 out of 3 for the Yanks would not suprise me.
I would be very happy if it went the other way around.
Once again, the 1,2 and 3 pitchers are not pitching for either team, so in th playoffs it would be different, somewhat.
I can assure you that neither Robertson or Ledezma will be the opening day playoff pitcher for the Tigers., actually neither will start in the playoffs at least till game 4 or 5.
J. Wright would not be a starter for the Yanks in the beginning of a playoff series either.

N. Robertson 11-10 4.10
C. Wang 15-5 3.81

W. Ledezma 2-1 2.08
R. Johnson 14 -10 4.96

J. Bonderman 11-6 3.92
J. Wright 9-7 4.72

Jimbo

Sean Mota said:
Sweep by the Tigers.
I would love it, but doubt it greatly....
Something about the Yanks always makes them a tough team to play. although, in previous bad years for the Tigers, they have played very well against them....

Last week against the Indians, I think they took that series lightly for some reason, even thou the Indians are playing better.... Tigers need to start playing consistantly good solid ball again, not up to the quality of the opponent.

Jimbo

joedekock said:
Yanks 2 out of 3. Roberston loses, and so does Ledezma. :)
Sounds about right, except Ledezma may have a chance, he's been doing ok lately...

I remember earlier in the year when the Yanks swept (I think it was) and the National Media was saying the Tigers were not going anywhere because they could not beat the Yanks .... The big boys in general, However they are still around, and will mostr likely make the playoffs, if not win their division at least the Wild Card.
I'm so sick of the media saying stuff like that, just because it's the Yanks.
If they lose ALL thier games against the Yanks and win 75 % of the rest they would still be in the lead...

The do need to start being more patient at the plate or they will go no where.

Jimbo

sidekick said:
Oh my Goodness :confused: Sean come backkkkkk Earth to Sean ... Earth to Sean...;)

This Tiger team has the Karma of the 2005 White Sox. They are a scary bunch that are playing without pressure. They have been losers for many years and they have nothing to lose.

Sean Mota said:
This Tiger team has the Karma of the 2005 White Sox. They are a scary bunch that are playing without pressure. They have been losers for many years and they have nothing to lose.

They aleady lost 3 out of 4 (at Home) to the Yankees. What do you think has changed for them?

ScoBuck said:
They aleady lost 3 out of 4 (at Home) to the Yankees. What do you think has changed for them?

I know that but that was in the first half of the season when 'everybody' was expecting a collapse from the Tigers. Actually, I strongly believe that the Tigers winning the last game in that series uplifted them and since then they have played their best baseball overtaking the mightful Chicago White Sox. Do not take them for granted. Last year the White Sox were under the radar and see what they did. This year could be the Tiger's year.

Sean - the Yanks played the Tigers May29-June1.

After the games on May 28, the records of the teams was:

NYY 28-20
CWS 32-17
DT 35-14

After the 4 game series (June 1) the records were:

NYY 31-21
CWS 33-20
DT 36-18 The Tigers were already ahead of the White Sox.

Since June 1 - the records of the 3 teams are:

NYY 46-31
DT 46-31
CWS 43-34

That being said, what has changed to make you believe that the Tigers (who actually have been slumping the past 2 weeks), are in better position now than back in May (when they were HOME against the Yankees?).

Despite the records I have the same feeling that I had about the sox. Now with double header coming it will be hard for any team to sweep so I think tigers could take 2 out of 3.

Very good game today. Yanks win 2-0. Tigers played them tough. Big game this evening again for the Tigers. Will the Tigers choke? Lots of pressure on them with the Twins and Soxs coming on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)