Tigers vs. Yankees

Blacked out

Well, Once again, the Tigers are scheduled to be on ESPN HD and are Blacked out in the NW Ohio area.....:mad:

I was hoping that maybe D* would show the Yes network game on 95,
Wrong again.

Will the Playoffs be Blacked out too !!!!:rolleyes:
Wait, those will be on NETWORK, so we may be able to see them....

Jimbo

Ah.... Tigers split the double header and win in dramatic fashion. Torre does not learn that Proctor cannot save a game if his life depended on it.

Sean Mota said:
Ah.... Tigers split the double header and win in dramatic fashion. Torre does not learn that Proctor cannot save a game if his life depended on it.
I was floored to see that Rivera was not brought in in the ninth (game 2)
especially when the Tigers got 2 on in the ninth.

The announcers said Torre did not want to use Rivera twice in one day.

Tommorow 's game should be a good one too.
R. Johnson and Jeremy Bonderman

Jimbo

I agree with you on this one Sean. I'm not a big Proctor fan. His ball seems dead.

Sean Mota said:

Jimbos said:
Well, Once again, the Tigers are scheduled to be on ESPN HD and are Blacked out in the NW Ohio area.....:mad:

I was hoping that maybe D* would show the Yes network game on 95,
Wrong again.

Will the Playoffs be Blacked out too !!!!:rolleyes:
Wait, those will be on NETWORK, so we may be able to see them....

Jimbo

I feel your pain. I am thinking of getting the sports package just so I can get the RSN's i HD no matte what games are on.

Disappointing for the Tigers. They need to prove they can take a series against the White Sox, Yankees, and Boston. I know they took the series against Boston last time, but it is looking doubtful they will see them in the Playoffs.

I saw the game was on ESPNHD again today. It was not on FSN Detroit, so it was not blacked out for me. I watched the first inning while I was at home for lunch, and got to get home in time to see the 9th inning. I am not impressed with ESPN's HD. When we get the FSN Detroit HD on Channel 95, that looks great!

joedekock said:
Disappointing for the Tigers. They need to prove they can take a series against the White Sox, Yankees, and Boston. I know they took the series against Boston last time, but it is looking doubtful they will see them in the Playoffs.

I saw the game was on ESPNHD again today. It was not on FSN Detroit, so it was not blacked out for me. I watched the first inning while I was at home for lunch, and got to get home in time to see the 9th inning. I am not impressed with ESPN's HD. When we get the FSN Detroit HD on Channel 95, that looks great!
Don't give up, good things are starting for the Tigers.
Magglio appears to have got his stroke figured out and is hitting the ball again (not so much today, but signs are improving).
Still another 20 or so games left, it should be interesting.
The pitching is still doing good, the offwense needs to really pick it up ...

All the Yankees games were close games, so it's not like the Tigers were in a different ball park.

Jimbo

Last edited:
ScoBuck said:
As I CORRECTLY predicted in post #2 of this thread - Yanks win 2 of 3, and capture the season series 5-2.

As expected really.
I think MOST of us figured the Yanks would take 2 out of 3 .....
Difference being, I'm not depressed by it, actually encouraged , now we need to continue to get better, as the schedule doesn't... LA Angels are next.

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)