Time again - Weekend Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
z4ccamaro
This dish is set low less that 5 deg.It's aimed at G10R and I have to keep my next door neighbours grass cut fot it to work.lol!!

Dave

Attachments

• Picture 108.jpg
    Picture 108.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 121
I have 1 more lnb..so, I was thinking of adding it to the other side of IA5 for IA6. 4 degrees, just like AMC 4. So, in theroy, I should be able to place it next to ia5. I had to use a piece of scrap wood to put behind the 2 lnbs, as the hose clamp needed some "meat" to dig into :) I alos added a zip to to the "neck" area. I will take pics tomorrow, and see if anyone has a better way to do this.

Is this all to one box? What are you using a 22khz and two DiseqC switches? When's the motor coming in the picture?

I'm not trying to be negative here but I don't see how you do it without a motor, I'd cry if you took my motor away from me!

My 150 foot of ribbon cable for the CBand is in! Time to build a ghetto mount bracket so I can setup the dish and find the "sweet" spot in my yard. Then dig the hole.

????? not sure this is meant for me, but if it is then here is my answer :)

I have 1 Diseqc and 1 22k switch in the picture feeding 1 receiver. :)

digiblur said:
Is this all to one box? What are you using a 22khz and two DiseqC switches? When's the motor coming in the picture?

I'm not trying to be negative here but I don't see how you do it without a motor, I'd cry if you took my motor away from me!

My 150 foot of ribbon cable for the CBand is in! Time to build a ghetto mount bracket so I can setup the dish and find the "sweet" spot in my yard. Then dig the hole.

Yep :) And I jus happen to have a .3 Univ LNB too :) So, I am going to see if I can get IA6 today. If not, I will use the lnb on the extra Primestar, and scout out something to poin it at :)

Iceberg said:
Heck, IAFire still has 1 port left on his Diseqc switch...might as well use it :)

Well, I have given up on attaching a 3rd lnb to my Primestar IA5 setup. I tried for IA6, but no luck. I did not try hard, as I need to mow the lawn, get groceries and go to the furniture store. So, I ddi set up my extra Primestar dish, threw an lnb and am aiming it. My meter is reading a solid signal about everywhere that I point it, so I am packing it up for today. I have it on the patio, so there might be a lot of stuff interfereing. I wil finish up my AMC4 lnb by grounding the dish, burying the cable and taking a pic to post so that I can get some ideas on the strapping on the lnbs.

Well, I have finally finished my dish projects. I stillneed to ground the Fortec dish, but otherwise all is done. Here is what I did this past weekend. I added a 2nd lnb to my Primestar. I added AMC-4. It took - 10 seconds! No lie! I tried for 93w also, but no luck. So here is the final pics!

Attachments

• primestar.jpg
    primestar.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 120
  • primestar1.jpg
    primestar1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 136
  • primestar2.jpg
    primestar2.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 117
  • primeclose.jpg
    primeclose.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 118
I forgot to add - if anyone has any ideas on how to better attach the lnbs, PLEASE let me know! I do not like the way the scrap wood looks :) THANKS!

Thanks for the kind words! I am only duplicate your advice :) Anyway, the hose clamp that is on their is a 4" hose clamp. It is fastened down all the way it will go - this one didn't seem to have much romm to clamp down. but, anyway, the clamp was making the lnbs shift, so by putting the wood in their it filled the gap. I will look for a different hose clamp, as I would rather not have the wood :) Thanks again :)

OK, it's time to bring back this thread. I will start off with my project for the weekend :)

About 6:45 last night, I hauled out my Primestar that is mounted in a Home Depot bucket, lawn chair, tv, receiver, gear, supper, beverage etc for a night of scouting :) I had found a spot in my yard that I thought would give me good coverage. I was worried about 129 (that is the farthest west I am concerned with). No problem, I spent the next 3.5 hours going from bird to bird. I stopped for the night on AMC-5 (I think) since I was close to the neighbors driveway, and they work 2nd shift and would be home soon, I didn't want them to think I was crazy :). I have lots of room to the east to go, so I should be good! I hit G10 in less than 10 seconds! A new record for me :) LUCK actually! So, I think what I am going to do is this:

Where I have IA5/AMC-4 (Primestar Dish - pole mount in yard), I will aim that for G10. I will then take my Fortec 80cm off my shed roof, and do a pole mount with a motor in the spot I found last night. My extra Primestar is going to my inlaws, and the extra cable feed on my shed that is buried can be the feed for an OTA. Whew! That was a mouthfull! What are you guys doing this weekend?

nothing FTA today...have to dog sit my grandparent's two dogs. They left this morning to go see their son (my uncle) and their 1 year old grandson about 3 hours NW of Mpls. So I get to watch the dogs :)

you make it sound and look much easier with those non primestar lnbs
what did you do buy a gross of those .... they are .03
ok back out in the yard to hunt sats

I have have some Fortec Universal .3's I got from Sadoun via ebay for $12ish each with shipping. I also have some Sadoun KUL1 standard .4's, those were about $30 each (1 came with a system though). I have never used a Primestar lnb, as the ones I picked up did not have them on there.

I can go out, and hit a satellite within seconds, scan, see where I am at and go from there. The inline meter helps alot! I get it as strong as I can looking at the cheapo meter, then I blind scan, then I can use the receiver's meter to peak even more. I am getting to be a pro at this :) The last 3 weekends I have been camping out in my lawn chair "scouting" :)

I spent the afternoon at a friend's house setting up a G10R system. I got a used FTA receiver on ebay for $33.00 shipped. They had an old primestar dish on a rental house they had on their property. The funniest part of the day was when they dragged out a hacksaw thinking they would cut off the old primestar pole for use at their house. That wasn't going to happen. This dish had a different type of LNB than mine with a dual coax going into a box on the pole. That only posed the problem of which lead was Horizontal and which was Vertical.

When we got back to their house I found that the mounting "pipe" they wanted to use was plastic. So we tried it. This time I found the satellite a lot quicker using the tv and receiver next to the dish setup. They plan to fill the plastic pipe with cement Monday as at the moment they can easily experience wind fade. We didn't have any cement on hand and they live in the middle of a national forest so running for supplies wasn't possible. The whole process only took about 2 hours.

My next project is to try to add IA7 to my primestar dish using a second LNB. I've seen a lot of great pictures and advice on this site so I'm looking forward to it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)