Time again - Weekend Satellite Projects?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Ogden is west of Boone, off of Highway 30. Just guessing, but probably about 45 minutes to an hour west of I35. I have been there. The Union Pacific (old CNW) mainline is there. I used to take pics of trains and there would be about 100 trains a day through that area. A real cool bridge outside of Boone, something like the tallest double trestle bridge or something. Boone has a Train museum, complete with trains you can ride on :)

Placed an order a bit ago from Sadoun for some F connectors and a video switch. Seeing how I was out of connectors, and having some spare dishes and lnb's........and nothing to do next Sunday..... :)

new weekend coming up :)

Only thing I know I am going to do (rain or snow pending) is wire up the T90 LNB's finally. Right now its a mish mash of wires and I want to get all new cabling run and switches mounted properly

Other than that watch college hockey this weekend....GO DOGS!!

Just got back from Lowe's......Here is what I got:

8' 2 3/8 galv. post
end cap
200 pounds of cement

Last night I got:

a large U-bolt for the above post
a new tool box for all my satellite junk :)
one of them cool angle protractor things - (only $8.xx!) that has a magnet - use it to make sure post is plumb

SO, off to do a "site survey", as I am going to put my post in 36"- 48" in the ground. I have a few spots picked out that might work better. The plan is to put the motor on the new deep post, and put a Primestar on the shallow post for G10.

I gotta hurry, as it is getting colder out :(

Whew! That was hard work! I have heavy clay/rock from about 12-15" down! So, I got the post 41" in the ground. I have cement in the ground 31" and a ubolt to keep it from twisting. I also filled the post with cement. I think where I have it now I will gain satellites to me east and to my west! Will move the motor this week. Gonna put a Primestar on the "old" pole.

Will do. I am getting to be a pro at this. but, if I did this for a living, I would get a gas powered post hole digger. Clay is no fun to dig in!

well lets see here if we accomplished anything

Only thing I know I am going to do (rain or snow pending) is wire up the T90 LNB's finally. Right now its a mish mash of wires and I want to get all new cabling run and switches mounted properly
got all the old wiring cut off and removed but that was it

Other than that watch college hockey this weekend....GO DOGS!!

did alot of that...also college football :D

Well, going out in a bit to tie my Primestar G10 dish into my motor system. Going to put switch in a nice enclosure box, and then bury some cable. Now for a question: 1) would I have a problem if I had a cable about 10' long going from the "LNB" port on my motor to the switch (I want to locate it under some steps) and then run about 10' back to the lnb? Also, when I set the switch up, would I leave diseqc to "off" for all the satellites except G10 and then put tht to "on" and set to correct port, or do I need to go in and turn diseqc "on" for all the satellites and set it up for the correct port that the motor is on? Thanks in advance!

Anyone else doing any FTA work?

Im going to lay some new m25 Conduit underground and new rg11 and 4 core motor cable for my Andrew's (Channel master) 1.2m dish with ku-band linear feedhorn & c120 invacom lnb,

Cheers, Im lucky where i am as i live on the side of a hill and get the full arc here in the uk from 72.5e to 61.5w ,

It also has a brand new feed horn as a squirrel made a hole in the feed window of the horn,

The only downside is i might have to move the dish in the springas i am haveing my garden redone then and the pole is sold about 4 foot in the ground,

But i might buy a offset prodelin 1.8m with polar mount in the spring if my misses will let me,

Sounds like you have quite a nice setup!

Well this weekend was not for a satellite project, but still for TV. Replaced the pre-amplifier on a friends TV tower. Not too easy working 2 sections above the roof on a old tower that is getting rusty. Only did a patch up job, as I just cut the twin leed going to his old amplifier and spliced in a balum to feed it to a new pre-amp. Then ran new coax into the house. That is about all I could stand to do that far up. With small gusts of wind you feel the tower sway and question yourself if you should just walk the bottom of the tower out to get the top down to roof level. If he ever needs the antenna or rotor replaced, then that is what will happen, but he was happy to see all the digital channels he did not get with his old pre-amp. Re-scanned a couple of the satellites on his satellite box, as he was missing some of the channels. For my project, I picked up some supples to start another TV antenna project. This will be an on and off project over the winter as I design and find the supplies I need. Hopefully this will be going up in the spring, but most likely I will have it up and down before then trying some different ideas out. Also have been thinking of getting one of the FTA satellite PVR boxes for my day to day recordings, but will need to install some switches to get the feeds routed to where they need to go.

I finally got the Uniden Supra working slaved behind my Microyal box with a good DC voltage blocker. Wiped all the channels in the Microyal, verified the transponders against lyngsat's recent changes (no blind scan on this box) and rescanned everything. Found a few interesting analog feeds. Just normal stuff for me. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)