I have been inactive on the ham bands, but I wrote an SDR program about 5 years ago named "DR Processor". I haven't used the program in a few years. It worked OK most of the time, but it still has some bugs that I never was able to figure out. The program is complex and multi-threaded, and I think the problem is in the inter-process communication.
I used to really enjoy exploring the spectrum with it -- police, fire, businesses (whatever was in the clear). I even added a crude scanner function to it. But now most of the radio traffic I'm interested in is digital, and I have not attempted to write code to convert digital to voice.
My house is ideally situated for VHF/UHF and above communication to everything in the southwest direction. And on many summer nights there is enough tropospheric ducting for me to receive the SF Bay Area stations.
Besides radio, I am still heavily into weather satellite image reception. I wrote a program named "GRB Imager" to decode the NOAA weather satellite signal into imagery and animations. Unlike my SDR Program, "GRB Imager" is rock solid. No bugs and no crashes at all.