TIME WARNER NOW SPECTRUM

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Get READY...

Things have been switching from TWC to Spectrum over the past few months here.

Just got the first official bill from Spectrum, and it was ~$30 more than it has been for the past 1.5 years......... Called and got the "your 12-month promotional price ended" line, even though we have not had any promotions on our account since the Triple Play one ended a couple years ago.

We had called last month to inquire about the new 60mbps starting speed, or to see if we could get new customer pricing as we technically are new to Spectrum. We see commercials telling us that everyday. We were flat out told- NO, sorry. You are not a new customer...PERIOD.

Spectrum seems to be taking us back to the old days.....

funny-southpark-meme-cable-company.jpg

6013110462.png

I pay for 60down/5up in Western CO through Charter. The only time I had a problem was for about an hour or so, when a good chunk of the city went down. $40 promo, $60 regular price.

Harsh, what difference does it really make if he did or did not miss it?
Claude expressed his opinion regarding the question but fayerich assumed that Claude was addressing a different question and hence, the restatement of the question. If Claude says that WOW sucks, that's his first-hand experience and his recommendation against using the service.

Further, we know that Claude pretty much hates everything and there's a certain folly in asking follow-up questions of him. ;)

Guess Harshness has a problem with me attempting to get specific info on their tv service. No matter. It is a moot point now. One of their sales people came around last night looking for new customers. Their "introductory" offer for the 3 tier bundle is over $121 per month. (Such a deal).:happydance And only offering 30 meg internet speed. Guess Spectrum will win out with their 60 meg speed and the introductory price of $90 for the bundle.

I switched over to Spectrum Pricing earlier in the week when it became available in Western NY. Couldn't be happier!

I went with Spectrum Gold TV, Ultra 100 internet (fastest offered in my area) and phone. I'll be paying about $5 less then I was under TWC pricing, and getting double the internet speed. Plus gain a few TV channels that I've been interested in like Axs and Military History. Best of all I was able to keep my 6 tuner DVR! There were some real inconsistencies between former BHN and TWC customers reporting on being able to keep their Enhanced DVR service. Some people even said once they switch to SPP their 6 tuner DVRs were provisioned down to 2 tuners. But not me. Still rockin the Cisco 9865 with all of its tuners active. Lost about a dozen channels in the switchover again gained a different dozen. Basically lost the three Los Angeles area sports networks that were blacked out most of the time, (big woop), a couple of the spanish channels moved to the spanish package (again big woop). The only channel I'll miss is Sportsman Channel.

I'm hoping once the World Box is released in my market, I can replace my two tuner DVR with that, and have the Spectrum World Box on one TV and the TWC EDVR on the other.

6142684875.png

I signed up for Spectrum Internet yesterday. They think there is a filter on the my line at the curb, so they are sending out a tech to do the install on Wed. They assured me the $45 price for the 100Mb service was the standard pricing and not promotional. I am not sure I believe them. Time will tell. If the price does jump up in a year, I will hopefully have other options like Google Fiber and AT&T Gigapower by then.

They assured me the $45 price for the 100Mb service was the standard pricing and not promotional.
You have good reason not to believe them. They're lying.... The standard rates are published and $45 for 100 Mb/s ain't one of the published amounts ! ;)

You have good reason not to believe them. They're lying.... The standard rates are published and $45 for 100 Mb/s ain't one of the published amounts ! ;)

100% correct for where I am in Florida and in Eastern Ct. $45 is exactly the promotional price.

I signed up for the 60 meg speed a few weeks ago. My cost is $45 per month plus $5 more for the WiFi modem. Don't know what the cost will jump up to after the year is up. But it's worth it to me as I proceed with my "cord cutting".

Reactions: Nascarken 91xg

Yeah, I am skeptical. That said, with AT&T Gigapower and Google Fiber (and, if you can believe it, Frontier Fiber) in the market, perhaps they feel they must be competitive on price. Time will tell.

Market variations. In your market, the 60 Mb/s plan doesn't exist, the 100 Mb/s plan takes it's place. Ignore the 120/5 plan. Again, based on the market, customers will have the choice of

60, 100
or
100, 300

You are receiving the standard promotional price for 60 (100) service:
x.png

Market variations. In your market, the 60 Mb/s plan doesn't exist, the 100 Mb/s plan takes it's place. Ignore the 120/5 plan. Again, based on the market, customers will have the choice of

60, 100
or
100, 300

You are receiving the standard promotional price for 60 (100) service:
View attachment 125481

Well, after my install, I got the customer survey, so, when asked, I said I wanted to talk to a CSR. The CSR said my $44.95 rate was not a promotional rate for my address. She said it would only go up in the future if standard prices go up and not due to any promotions expiring. She said there were no non-bundle promotions available for my address. Again, I don't trust them enough to completely believe that, but at least two Spectrum employees have told me that now. Fingers-crossed I guess.

FWIW: I am getting ~120 down and ~12 up. I'll be curious to see if that remains the case during primetime.

FWIW: I am getting ~120 down and ~12 up. I'll be curious to see if that remains the case during primetime.
My experience, and most others that I've read about, indicate that it's pretty consistent. Honestly, I think the days of providers "overselling" or purposely building below capacity are long past. Even at 8pm in the evening, I can't say I notice any slowdown. We have the 60/5 service, which is technically 73/6 (actual provisioned values) and since getting it, I think the slowest I've seen was 55 Mb/s and I won't automatically say that was TWC/Spectrum's fault.

but at least two Spectrum employees have told me that now. Fingers-crossed I guess.
That is unusual. In my case, I was paying $65 for TWC's 50/5 plan. It increased to $75 after a promotion ran out. Within ~2 months, I switched to Spectrum and because of a cluster**** involving Earthlink, TWC/Spectrum offered me the new-customer price of $45/mo for 60/5 service. It is a 12-month offer and I knew that, but when it expires, it will go up to a known amount - $59.99 or $64.99. With either rate, it's still lower than I was paying before and for faster speed. I have no complaints.

Reactions: Nascarken 91xg
My experience, and most others that I've read about, indicate that it's pretty consistent. Honestly, I think the days of providers "overselling" or purposely building below capacity are long past. Even at 8pm in the evening, I can't say I notice any slowdown. We have the 60/5 service, which is technically 73/6 (actual provisioned values) and since getting it, I think the slowest I've seen was 55 Mb/s and I won't automatically say that was TWC/Spectrum's fault.
well with no caps i hope everyone has big pockets i think before it's
to late it's time to boycott,,Don't U!!!!!!!!!

That is unusual. In my case, I was paying $65 for TWC's 50/5 plan. It increased to $75 after a promotion ran out. Within ~2 months, I switched to Spectrum and because of a cluster**** involving Earthlink, TWC/Spectrum offered me the new-customer price of $45/mo for 60/5 service. It is a 12-month offer and I knew that, but when it expires, it will go up to a known amount - $59.99 or $64.99. With either rate, it's still lower than I was paying before and for faster speed. I have no complaints.
!!!!well I think it's time every one to boycott,
I hope everyone has big pockets,BoYcott today!!!!!!!

No thanks.

I feel the prices Spectrum chargers for their services are more then fair, not going to boycott anything.

I wish I could get the 100/4 speeds here in Maine, but they say the fastest is 60/4. That seems odd as I have my own modem and I am receiving 15 download channels and 4 upload. 15 download channels is more then enough to support 100 down speeds

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 8)

Latest posts