Time Warner VS. Dish TV

JayPSU

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 22, 2006
Westerville, Ohio
I am currently sampling DishTv's service as I consider switching to them from Time Warner Cable. So far I like DishTv, however it seems that their signal is a little overcompressed. I've heard that Time Warner is supposed to be upgrading in my area (Columbus, Ohio) so that all of the channels are digital. For those who have had both, which do you prefer and why? If I leave Time Warner I will REALLY miss On-Demand, especially the on-demand channel that came with each premium channel/s. Any input would be appreciated!

I switched over a year and a half ago and haven't looked back. I really didn't care for dishs quality. Picture was not sharp at all. HD is the same soft compared to OTA although if you can receive those you already know what I am talking about.

The picture quality is much better for HD. Digital SD does look comparable to dish but their analog stations do look pretty bad most of the time. As soon as they start simulcasting we will be getting digital feeds from all the channels and the bomb will drop! Dish won't have anything but VOOM. Try getting a HD DVR from dish and hold on to your wallet. Get one from TWC and enjoy it without the heart attack.

Though once they get MPEG 4 fully implamented they will have the bandwith to give more sharp images but will they do it? Nah... Prob just add more international programing! GENIUS!

If you are a sports fan, Time Warner is about the last place to go. As a current subscriber I get no ESPN2HD (nor does it look like TWC will have it any time soon), nor will they carry NFL Network or NFL Network HD (they will be carrying games the 2nd half of the season). Time Warner also is pretty freaking expensive (I can save $30 a month for a similar package from Dish).

The only reason I haven't switched yet is due to the $300 lease fee (although after 10 months I'd have made that money back) and not wanting to mount the dish around my house.

I agree that TWC is more expensive. Almost unreasonably so... That being said they do have better picture quality the channels that count most to me and the HDDVR issue. They will get ESPN 2 before too long anything else is waiting in vein for now...

My Apt complex has all but banned dishes in my complex so I can't go back. It has too be inside your patio which faces other apartments and lots of trees. GREAT!

I need a new fix for HD. Bellsouth was joining microsoft here in La to do an IPTV but our cable lobbyists are making it quite difficult. I hate cable but I like quality!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)