Timer padding and record plus

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Ever since NBR version 232. When I set a timer lets say Law and Order on NBC Sunday at 9:00PM and Crossing Jordan on NBC Sunday at 9:30PM. Law and Order records to Tuner 2 and Crossing Jordan records to tuner 1.
I have record plus set to tuner 2.
Before NBR, record plus would ignore the 1 minuet before and the 3 minuet after padding and record both to tuner 2. Now with NBR it seems to not ignore it and send the second show to the other tuner (tuner1).
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
Thanks

When you create your timer, go to options and set the before and after to 0 / 0. This is an annoying, currently non-changeable default "feature" of the 522 that still defaults to 1 /3.

Mine has always recorded back to back shows doing the first show on 2 and the second on 1.

Thanks all!
But im sure it use to recard them both on the same tuner with out changing the padding.

blockisle9 said:
Thanks all!
But im sure it use to recard them both on the same tuner with out changing the padding.

Yes, it did use to ignore the padding automatically and record both shows on the same tuner. I think maybe you had to be in dual mode for it to work that way.

I find this mildly annoying also.

Yes, I recall that with Record-Plus set to tuner 2 in Dual-Mode it would drop the padding for back-to-back shows on the same channel and keep it all on tuner 2, but never in Single Mode. I used to switch to Dual-Mode, set the timers, then go back to Single Mode. That would keep them on the same tuner. I got lazy and don't do it anymore, so I'm not 100% sure it still works like that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)