Timer Setting For Recording?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lone Gunman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
southeast
I use my receivers for recording some programming weekly and since they loose time when the power to them is off I was wondering how many satellites up there have the correct time to use to reset them when they are powered back on??

I've got one that I use now, which is on 121w on TP 12014 but would like to have a couple of others toward the other end of the arc if there are any.

So if you have others besides the one I use would you please share them?

Thanks

Trouble with many receivers is that in automatic time set the time is good on one sat, then gets re-set many hours off from the next sat you visit.

Last edited:
The definition of time; that is where you live; provides the on-screen and fashionable events that occur once the receiver has the programmed information AS A SET OF MEMORY. Anybody, then, can use this previously SET MEMORY already as a CONTINUE COMMAND of the event. The problem then is the question, because after you program the event; if the receiver receives any other MEMORY OF "time" other than originally started and commanded, it knows only of the new one and not the old starter that made the event happen from its "inception" or "start".

Held as a guide, information has this power also, as the receiver moves to each channel it has sub-setted as channel, time, event, and length of time. This signal, or information is programmed at the PROVIDERS end to match their hundreds of channels real-time information as their source. FTA Local Antenna's are required to be 24 hour clocking of its programs because they are FREELY BROADCAST to a CERTAIN AREA OF COVERAGE. The Ratings scale is on theirs too; as well as Emergency Broadcast System (events in time). Commercial timing is relied upon at the studio level, where time is of the most importance are what ADS RUN ON WHAT "time". IF THE TIME IS HERE; where is it? Hidden or removed from the broadcast is ALL COMMERCIAL TIMING! SO YOUR FTA RECEIVER AT SATELLITE LEVEL has every ability may seem like a real-time programmable problem; but in real time; it should have the correct time for a programmed event waiting for it from the "cloud"; at a commercial level of need; it already has been backed up by "time and place"; where it goes to "receive its programmed info of what it does when it is in real time"; synced with a real-time clock!

My clock sets auto-magically (it even gets the weather check), my HDTV does too, and locally sent (Terr.) info sets it upon its reception. These data sets are a fta satellite receivers need?

The definition of time; that is where you live; provides the on-screen and fashionable events that occur once the receiver has the programmed information AS A SET OF MEMORY. Anybody, then, can use this previously SET MEMORY already as a CONTINUE COMMAND of the event. The problem then is the question, because after you program the event; if the receiver receives any other MEMORY OF "time" other than originally started and commanded, it knows only of the new one and not the old starter that made the event happen from its "inception" or "start".

Huh??

Reactions: jorgek
Trouble is with many receivers is that in automatic time set the time is good on one sat, then gets re-set many hours off from the next sat you visit.

When I get the time set I then turn the auto time set feature off to prevent another satellite from changing it and run to the satellite I want to record from and set the timer. With the auto time set off the receiver will keep reasonably good time until I turn the power off, which I do every night before I go to bed. It just would make things faster not to have to run to one end of the arc to do the time set each time I want to record something.

When I get the time set I then turn the auto time set feature off to prevent another satellite from changing it and run to the satellite I want to record from and set the timer.

I tried that for a while, but seemed more work than just trimming up the time manually once a week.

And why can the Admin of a computer have no need to check time; as the timer and time stamp real-rime using the computer in possession of the back-up; which is giving the other computers function to ALWAYS BE THE NEED FOR ANY TIME to be continually stamped "real" time NO MATTER WHAT TIME it is on the satellite that it has chosen?

In other words; why don't we just make the real time ( here the same as it is where the dish is programmed ) when it turns on or off "no it is set" to the real time; provided by the real time signal made by the network connection of a computer already on a "real time" clock! Instead of guide, it can be set to say time.apple.com or your own equivelent; effectively setting time anytime it is asked for it. And the satellite received time which is "its time" say already set for NY City Server; which has a World time also; will not ever enter into the receivers brain wad of all the different time sets! IT IS ONLY GOING TO SET TIME ALL THE TIME FROM THE ONLY ONE PLACE IT GETS TIME FROM; and still show satellite time as satellite time; and only show real time from the ONE PLACE IT REALLY GETS TIME FROM...

Last edited:
I turn off the sat receiver OFF at night as well. When I turn it on the time is all messed up. So I switch to one of my favourite channels (EBRU on 97W) and sync up the receiver. Easy to do since it is 1 of 3 dishes via 1x4 switch.

mINE DOES this too; I just hope my new Amiko Android has time.TIME.com; as set by either the guides time; set by a channel from the satellite; or the real time; but ONLY ONE of them is chosen does the setting. (network you are on for real time and timing events OR satellite time and timing for CC, Guide, etc.; not both times into "receiver time". ))) This could easily be done with software only.

I set the timer before i set the time; then the timer goes off wrong; because i then change the time to correct. I set the time; the satellite signal changes the time to its time; the time is wrong and the timers do not work. Once I M soaking in this kind of time; I M gonna fight somehow; because I already fixed all of them "problems" of time!

I think real time is a signal; but it is not on a satellite receiver; it already gets a "satellite time" or can be set manually; which has to be changed manually when it is off.

I once wrote a program (embedded) that used my software only for a clocks display. The operating system was used from the "beginning" in microprocessors; un-complicated; and had an extra timer available so we could make "our clock" hang on the wall. It was a z80 my moto running ar 5 Mhz. Well, there are many better ways than software, believe me. And all have to do with design of the chip used.

A better way is to make a free-running osc. first for a real-time clock (then hook it up to the processor); rather than to rely upon software. Much more accurate; designed for a clock face would make it even better, or more accurate any way) then it would be very accurate compared to even fair to middling. That is what is wrong, however, in a FTA conventional satellite receiver. The clock is programmable by a satellite signal (if the time where the broadcast, or broadcaster cares!) OR MANUALLY; which shuts off GMT built-into the sofware and receiver receiving any programmation of "the time". Watches are very accurate today. The "accurate" clock in the US is one the weather stations get sent FTA all day; it is tuned to a wireless signal! My little weather station is absolutely correct time and even shows weather info! I do not EVEN know whaT THEY CALL IT! It is the time!

And now it is time to watch Thursday Night Football -> ON CBS~!

Did my HDVR1200 go and record it correctly anyways. All I have to do is turn on my tv and see! Is the clock changed, -- (menu-sytem setting-local time) no, because i set it for manual. Is my timer still there, (arrow down to timer setting; ok) yes. Is the channel still there, yes. My timer is set for 15:22 (3:22 PM supposedly) in 4 minutes it should go to cbs!

Do you know what it did; it changed the timer date to be the 28th of Sept. and changed the channel to nbc which I selected and saw not 2 minutes ago to read todays date; now on the 28th; a sunday it will go to sunday night football at 3:30 and my timer for sunday cbs changed to 10/2 at the 15:22 time set for today's thurs.. Am I seeing things? It selected the first timer, however, changed the date to the next timer; changed the channel to that time.

Now I am going to start this timer thing all over; and see if this time it will work!

I quit, I gotta watch football!

Oh, and I programmed a new timer #3 to be for every thurs. at 17:00. Hope it works "in memory"...

Last edited:
The timer setting should work unless there is a power outage. I also at times set my STB to manual clock mode. By the end of the week it looses 5 minutes. Technology today is mind boggling except when it comes to time keeping in sat receivers.

I think real time is a signal; but it is not on a satellite receiver; it already gets a "satellite time" or can be set manually; which has to be changed manually when it is off.

I once wrote a program

(EDITED for Time And Content: Ya De Ya De Ya De)

Now I am going to start this timer thing all over; and see if this time it will work!
I quit, I gotta watch football!
Oh, and I programmed a new timer #3 to be for every thurs. at 17:00. Hope it works "in memory"...

Dude lighten up. You don't have to use a sledgehammer when two words would do the job.

Reactions: Lone Gunman
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)