Timetrax and Sirius

Robbert

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 14, 2005
Southern New Hampshire
Hello everyone,

I just happened to stumble upon this product and have a few questions..

As a new user of Sirius (have it installed in the car), I'm intrigued by the possibilities of "tivo-ing" the Sirius broadcasts, especially when Howard Stern starts early next year. My wife is a big fan.. :)

I understand that the solution for Sirius is a Sirius Connect radio that would only work with this product, correct? Or can I hook it up to a boombox and use it that way?

And if I understand correctly, if you use TimeTrax, the Sirius radio control goes through the USB port, but the audio gets captured (analog) by the sound card, right? Is there a new version of the hardware in the works that captures the audio directly from the player through the same USB connection?

And if any of you actually have the Sirius TimeTrax, how is the recording from the 80's channel for instance? (I mean, the track separation and all). Is it pretty much on the dot as they claim?

Thanks!
Robbert

Hi,

We are pretty excited around here about Time Shifting the Stern Show. I can't wait.

Our Sirius product only works with the Sirius Connect. If you already have a car tuner and it is one on our list you can simply move the reciever into the house and get a 2nd antenna. Or purchase a 2nd radio and add it to your activation.

The control does go through the USB and you are correct, the audio is recorded via the line-in. We are looking into the possibility of using the USB for recording but at this time it is not being developed.

The recording starts and stops are as good as the Sirius channel updates are. If a station changes the lable for a song early or late we can only slightly compensate for that. Things will never be bang on.

Hope this helps.

Derek

Derek,

Thanks for your detailed reply.. Since Howard won't be on Sirius until next year, I'll probably hold off on getting your product until then, hoping by then there might be a USB audio solution for Sirius...

If you don't mind though, I would like to bug you with one more question.. When the radio is hooked up to the PC using TimeTrax, how easy/hard is it to listen to "live" radio using that setup?
We currently have a radio in the car, but it's not going to be easy to move that in and out of the car (built-in factory installed), so we'd have to get a second radio to listen to Howard live if we're around. I would like to be able to combine the time-shifting and "live" radio into one device since I don't want to pay another $6/month for a third radio. :)

Thanks! And keep up the good work! Radio TIVO is a great idea. Actually, I already use such a system to listen to my Dutch radio broadcast. Have a OmniFi DMP1 MP3 player in my car with wireless sync and ReplayRadio records the internet stream overnight and when done, the DMP1 syncs with it so I can listen to the Dutch morning show in the car on my way to work. It's great! :)

Thanks,
Robbert

I use my TimeTrax Recast to listen in the house all the time. I use it even when I am not recording.

Just as an FYI... Stern's channels start on the 29th of September.

I heard that the broadcasts will be by all the cast members of his show..... should be an interesting experiment in broadcasting.

D.

I wouldn't buy the Sirius one yet because the software doesn't work yet, right Derek? I'll let you know when it's fixed.

gdavis9999 said:
It's working great for me. Thank you TT. Greg

Wow, a positive post about the TT Recast product. Which version are you on?

It's nice to see that SOMEONE has it working, mine contunues to crash and I rolled back to the older version that does not work with Sirus.

I dunno - its crazy, nuts -= insane.

The complete package with the Kenwood radio doesn't work. After dealing with their pathetic customer service system for a week, Timetrax wants me to send back the tuner (at my cost) and they'll send a different one. There's no way I'm paying to ship a perfectly good tuner back in hopes that they'll get around to sending a replacement. I already have it running on different software (please don't ask for a copy). They run their company like it's the only game in town. I think they're going to be in for a rude awakening in due time. And Derek, you don't have to come on here asking me what would make me happy. I already told you in your support ticket, but I'll reiterate. Send a compatible tuner with a postage paid return label and I'll send back the Kenwood. Like any reputable company would if they screwed up a package as much as Timetrax did. I hope it's becoming clear to everyone why this company wants you to use their help desk instead of asking for help here. Better read this quick before the moderator (Derek) wakes up.

wvernon,
Dealing with a similar issue with customer service too. When I run the software, the signal strength meters report 33% on all 3 meters. This is no matter where I place the antenna including disconnecting it. I've been screwing around with customer service for a month now. Trying different versions of the software etc. Now they want me to try a different radio to see if it is the hardware. I'm appalled that they want me to return the radio BEFORE I get the new one and the shipping is on me. So I am without the use of my radio for at least a week and I have to pay for it. I paid $170 for their whole package and in my opinion, I should not be inconvienced for something that is not my fault. I paid money to get a functioning radio and software. I have neither.

wvernon said:
I already have it running on different software (please don't ask for a copy).

I am not asking for a copy, but would like to know the name of the software. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM?

thanks

PhuckNut said:
I am not asking for a copy, but would like to know the name of the software. If you wouldn't mind sending me a PM?

thanks

pm has been sent, but you won't like the answer I'm afraid.

wvernon said:
pm has been sent, but you won't like the answer I'm afraid.

Yep, I'll admit to not likeing the answer. Wish there was more information from ANY camp about this stupid stuff.

Soooo... any answer to my question?

Just wondering considering its been some time and I was extremely disappointed to your inability to help out and be a little 'too cool' for the room.

Let me know?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)