TimeTrax Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avoidable source of irritation to XM radio ?

I like Recast very well so far and I’m very glad to be able to capture more of the artist’s name and song title along with the album information. I would like to be able to schedule an event however, without having to have the online account active between the time the event is scheduled and when it actually occurs. I would guess that XM has a finite amount of traffic it can handle and I feel guilty using some of the available bandwidth during the time between when I have to leave for work and must leave the radio active in order to capture a program many hours later. It seems a shame to waste that bandwidth since no recording or listening is occurring during that time. I certainly don’t want to bear part of the responsibility for possibly forcing XM to start charging for the service or limiting it in some other way nor do want to interfere with someone else being able to use all the available bandwidth. I’m sure the good folks at XM are bound to notice that people are utilizing their online service more and are now able to keep the channel open indefinitely where they once were timed-out now and then for inactivity. Even when you are actively using the service you occasionally get timed-out because you are doing other things and not watching the screen for the warning pop-up. It would seem like one more issue that XM might object to. It’s clear they haven’t welcomed TimeTrax with open arms and I would just as soon not aggravate that negative attitude further; no good can come from it.

Just a suggestion, it would be nice to be able use the scheduler to intermittently record with the online feature without these issues. It would also be prudent of those using the software to take advantage of the feature if available. This is especially true of any who record for extended periods. The people at XM must know you are not responding to the time-out warning for 96 hours straight. Everyone has to sleep sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts