TimeTrax locking up shortly after loading

cshiflett

Original poster
Jul 16, 2006
I'm running Recast version 1.8. TimeTrax will randomly lock up and stop responding between 1 minute and about 10 minutes. Once locked, I'll shut TimeTrax down and try to restart, but TimeTrax can no longer see the XM PCR. I have to unplug the XM PCR from it's USB port and reconnect it for TimeTrax to see the PCR again.

I assume from TimeTrax's web site going down that the software remains functional. Anyone else having this issue with TimeTrax crashing and becoming non-responsive? TimeTrax was working fine on this same machine a few weeks ago, when I last used it.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled with no help. I had version 1.6 as well, but I made the mistake of deleting it, so I can't go back and get it now to try that version.

Thanks.

UPDATE -- Apparently I've done something to my machine that TimeTrax doesn't care for. The machine is a Windows 2003 Server running a 3.0GHz hyperthreaded P4. It did run for a time on this platform, but something recent seems to have caused the crashes (the TT window just goes white and the program is listed as not responding in task manager).

I moved the PCR to a 2.0GHz non-hyperthreaded P4 running Windows XP Pro and TT seems to be working fine there.

I read on a few other threads that hyperthreading CPUs were a problem for TimeTrax, but all references to the issue seemed to indicate the problem presented itself as the machines bluescreening.

Does anyone have any experience with TimeTrax becoming non-responsive? Was this also a symptom of running TimeTrax on a hyperthreaded machine or is there something else contributing to TimeTrax becoming unresponsive?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Last edited:
I had a similar issue on my dual core machine that I was addressing with support before everything disappeared. They told me there was a known issue with running on dual core or hyperthread machines and they were "working on a fix." I temporarily disabled the dual core functions and had no problems. I guess they'll never resolve that now. I just have to disable dual core and reboot before I use TT now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts