Tip or not.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

spokybob

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I had a great installer today. He worked his tail off, installing HR24 & two H24 receivers. In 88 degree weather, he trenched over to the workshop, then went down to the crawl space under the house. He also hooked up a long run to my computer. He provided the HDMI for the H24 sets. Then he gave me an RF modulator to slave an old DVD recorder. What a guy!!
I gave him $40.00 in a sealed envelope as he left. I've never seen a post on tipping before. Has anyone here on the forum ever tipped?

Yes if you feel the installer did a good job then by all means do tip them! You don't kno how little those get paid for the jobs they do.

You probably made the installers day. :)

88 degrees? Really? How impressive. :) Sorry, couldn't resist. I think it was about 114 here in Phoenix when they installed my service a few weeks ago. For what it's worth, my installers were great too.

Yes TRE, I have been to Phoenix & Las Vegas in July & August, but just to visit.

treiher said:
88 degrees? Really? How impressive. :) Sorry, couldn't resist. I think it was about 114 here in Phoenix when they installed my service a few weeks ago. For what it's worth, my installers were great too.

"But that's a dry heat". lol
We say that in Alabama all of the time. 114 is hot no matter if it's wet or dry. :)

I agree nice tip and he deserved it to. If the installer really cares and you can sense it by all means tip the guy.

Spokybob I'm sure you made his day. I think it's a great gesture of appreciation for a job well done. :up

Nice gesture. I didn't tip my installer only because he ripped me off a little bit.

"But that's a dry heat". lol
We say that in Alabama all of the time. 114 is hot no matter if it's wet or dry. :)

I agree nice tip and he deserved it to. If the installer really cares and you can sense it by all means tip the guy.

Yeah it is hot at that temp no matter what. That said, I would take the dry heat over the humidity. Others might not.

To the OP, if it is a good job, I tip as well. You made his day. Enjoy your service.

Definitely was a great tip. If my install goes just as well I plan on tipping. But mainly because two other guys have already been out here!

they should be tipping you for your patience. ;)

The local retailer has been very nice during this process. The first installer was from ordering online. I will be more than happy to get my system installed on the third try.

I didn't tip, but I made it my installer's easiest "new install" of the week. I wanted to use the Retrodeck mounting plate so I ordered the Slimline dish without LNB. By the time he got here the mast was installed/plumb/grounded, and cabling was run to all receiver locations.

I had just finished taking down my Dish Network mast & dish when he pulled up so he didn't even need to pull the ladder off his truck. Grabbed an LNB, peaked the dish, installed a SWiM/DECA compliant splitter at my main distribution point, and connected the receivers to pre-run coax drops with already waiting HDMI cables.

The longest part of the whole install was waiting for the receivers to download a software update.

I tip when I also get a good installer, Only happened once and that was to my original D* installer. That guy slaved and ran me 3 lines to every room without charging me for cable. I gave him a nice grant for that one as I needed the wireing (one for comcast, one for ota, and one for satellite, Interchangable on an as needed basis)

Agreed. Tipping is for good service at the customer's discretion. Personally, I have tipped installers in the past, including the tech who was at my place this week to install MRV. Having been on the other end of the "tip" (waiting tables in a restaurant), I know how good it feels when a customer lets you know when you have provided service that met or exceeded their expectations.

I had a great installer today. He worked his tail off, installing HR24 & two H24 receivers. In 88 degree weather, he trenched over to the workshop, then went down to the crawl space under the house. He also hooked up a long run to my computer. He provided the HDMI for the H24 sets. Then he gave me an RF modulator to slave an old DVD recorder. What a guy!!
I gave him $40.00 in a sealed envelope as he left. I've never seen a post on tipping before. Has anyone here on the forum ever tipped?

That's great that the installer did a good job for you.

The HDMI cable(s) is part of the deal. I hope he didn't pretend to be giving you a free HDMI cable(s) just cause he's a nice guy.

Working in 88 degree is part of the job when he's an installer in your state.

I don't tip someone for doing their job correctly. I don't get tips at my job when I do a good job, that is what I'm getting paid for, to do a good job and that is what they are getting paid for.

The HDMI cable(s) is part of the deal.
I did not know that. But that's OK anyway. I'll still have 2 extras for future use, even after I return a new one to WM...I see on my copy of the workorder that he should have charged for the trenching.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts