Tipping an installer?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
From the "Tipping Guide" that charper1 posted:

Telephone, security, cable, satellite, internet installers or repairmen - Nothing.

Why is it that more and more people think they need tipped for doing the job? I do computer support for a large company, should I expect a tip when I fix someone's problem?

I never understood why you would tip your mailmanor ups carrier ? I know a UPS employee and he makes $27.00 a hour ( USPS workers are governmental employees and aren't making minimum wages either. If somebody goes above and beyond I'll tip accordingly, but the tipping sheet posted earlier has a tip for just about anybody - When will it stop ? Hopefully after my job is included - I fix Traffic signals for the county when they go to flash. Most of the time all i get is horns and people yelling that I'm in the middle of the road ??? I tip 20% when i do tip, but this "list" keeps growing. When you go to Dunkin Dounuts theres a tip jar for to-go orders but there isn't one at all the other fast food places where the employees earn $6.00 hr. !sadroll

forgive me, today i was on a service call, turns out the contractor put a 2 1/2 nail through some coax in the wall, he offered to fix it, DONE. But as i thought i was leaving, the cust says, hey will you look at this? Mom and Pop installer put the Ant in the attic but didn't bother pointing in the right direction,DONE.anyways after it was all said and done i mirrored 4 tv's, aligned the Ant, installed a TV in the bathroom, ran 2 phone lines AND!!!! Ran 2 more lines to the upstairs bedroom. 4 hours later i was allowed to leave,Now you're all thinking "wow bet he got an awesome tip" sure i got a tip, i got the 15.00 my company pays me for service calls, it'll be on my paycheck in 2 weeks. LOL. tipping is definately cool, especially if you nickel and dime your Tech for 4 hours.

IndyTech said:
forgive me, today i was on a service call, turns out the contractor put a 2 1/2 nail through some coax in the wall, he offered to fix it, DONE. But as i thought i was leaving, the cust says, hey will you look at this? Mom and Pop installer put the Ant in the attic but didn't bother pointing in the right direction,DONE.anyways after it was all said and done i mirrored 4 tv's, aligned the Ant, installed a TV in the bathroom, ran 2 phone lines AND!!!! Ran 2 more lines to the upstairs bedroom. 4 hours later i was allowed to leave,Now you're all thinking "wow bet he got an awesome tip" sure i got a tip, i got the 15.00 my company pays me for service calls, it'll be on my paycheck in 2 weeks. LOL. tipping is definately cool, especially if you nickel and dime your Tech for 4 hours.

obviously you went above and beyond. If a technician does anything that's not on the WO a tip should be a sure thing. The installers in south Florida wont even look at anything not on the WO. Nobody should be expected to do anything for free... some people just wont ever get it -- :what

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts