Tipping Installers

when that happens, I tell whoever, CSR or supervisor, to come on over, I'll help you out, especially an outside insulated wall. :tux:

I tipped the Installer who installed my DTV Slimsline Dish + he installed the HR20-700 *thank god it wasn't the HR21!*
He was here 2 hours and he did a great job, very clean job, he even removed my old Dish Network dish which most installers don't, which he did, and the install went smooth, and he made sure I got all my channels that I was subscribed to (in this case pretty much all the channels except NBA LP,MLB, and NHL. other than that I got all.
I tipped him 20$ and he was very happy! He even gave me his phone number if I ever had any problems, which I never had any problems, strong winds around here lately, but it seems I am not losing any signal at all, and the dish is very steady on my balcony!
We got tons of rain around here, but so far no PQ degration, which is great.

OH BTW My grandfather had 2 dishes installed on his store that he owns, he tipped the installer with 12 packs Corona bottles. LOL...the installer took it gladly!

I'm begining to miss installing, might have to look at getting back into it if I can find a retailer that will work with my current job.

Dish does give away alot of stuff on the install for free wich is probably why they've done a whamy on the employee's with their insurance. Dish inhouse installers do tend to make a decent living, I started out brining home 750 - 800 every other week and left bringing home 1,600 - 1,700 every other week after taxes and all sorts of deductions. Tips for a few years put gas in my tank and a lunch or two ( life aint cheap in the Detroit area ) and later most all of it went into my little girls piggy banks to get her started on a savings account. Some of the guys and girls I worked with definitely relied on tips and went the extra mile to try and earn them because they had several kids or had been downsized and went from middle income 6 figures to sudden reality installing satellite just to survive and put food on the table.

That was over two years ago, when the time I was doing DTV installation, nine out of ten customer will tip me, one customer was gave me the most $40. but one time I was done most Dish installs, only one out of hundred customer will tip me.

It seems DTV customers has more class then the Dish customers.

That was over two years ago, when the time I was doing DTV installation, nine out of ten customer will tip me, one customer was gave me the most $40. but one time I was done most Dish installs, only one out of hundred customer will tip me.

It seems DTV customers has more class then the Dish customers.
Well, I can't say they have more class..........its more like this. DTV, you used to HAVE to buy your equipment. So, just by demographics, there was more expendable $$$ with DTV, where DISH, leased equipment up to 4 rooms, then purchasing was required. Thats how I equated usually getting compensated sometimes more by DTV customers, a little, (and I mean a few) more. But thats changed too, for almost 2 years now, DTV is all about the lease too, now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts