Tips and tricks for Apple Watch owners

Found a great app for Hikers and travelers.
My Altitude
http://watchaware.com/watch-apps/my-altitude/465262694

This gives you the full display of location, altitude, BP of water, Barometric Pressure and other interesting info. You can download data from geodetic maps for the regions you travel, or select your device's barometric pressure sensor which auto corrects altitude. It's free!

The watch display has two pages of info and use the crown to scroll down to read more data. This app is a load of info

465262694-26967944-screenshot-watch-3.jpg
465262694-26967944-screenshot-watch-5.jpg

Barometric Pressure is calculated based on elevation. On newer devices such as iPhone 6/6+ value is being delivered directly from device built-in barometric sensor.

TV Tracker-

Need to be notefied when a new TV show you follow will air? Here's a neat little app that can give you that reminder:

- iCloud sync between your different devices (iPhone and iPad app)
- A Today widget to see what's coming Today and Tomorrow at a glance
- Notifications when a new episode is about to air
- Browse all the episodes ever announced for each of your favorite TV Shows.
- Get a quick overview of all the upcoming episodes and those you didn't watch yet for all of your shows.
- Display as application badge count the number of episodes you didn't watch yet ( count live updated as soon as new episodes air).
- Get the synopsis, a screen capture and a video preview for each episode.
- Mark the episodes you've already seen to remember exactly what you have to watch next.
- Rate then share on Twitter what you've watched

334565283-7290254-screenshot-watch-2.jpg
334565283-7290254-screenshot-watch-3.jpg

Do you play Golf? Probably no other sport has more gadgets than hunting or fishing than Golf.

Golfshot Plus for your Apple watch

A one-time purchase of Golfshot Plus gets you lifetime access to these features that help you play better golf:
- Interactive, real-time distances to the front, back and center of each green and all key hazards and targets on over 40,000 courses worldwide
- Dynamic 3D flyover previews of each hole
- Apple Watch™ support
- Advanced game scoring for Stroke Play and Stableford
- Save up to 80% off Hot Deal tee times provided by GolfNow when booked through Golfshot

Want even more? Upgrade to Golfshot Pro and you’ll get:
- Premium GPS distance features, scoring and shot tracking for Apple Watch
- Personalized club recommendations based on your statistics
- Scoring for Skins, Nassau, Match play and other games
- Save an extra $20 off a Hot Deal tee time provided by GolfNow
- Over $200 in savings on golf equipment, golf magazine subscriptions, golf travel, golf instruction and more

ALL Golfshot members enjoy these accurate and innovative features:
- Distances to the center of the green
- Easy-to-use scorecard for yourself or your foursome
- Apple Watch support
- In-depth statistics of your game, covering fairways hit, greens in regulation (GIR), putts per hole, and more
- Tracking of your steps, calories, and pace of play with health monitoring features via HealthKit
- Easily book tee times and purchase in-app upgrades with Apple Pay™
- The latest golf news, both in your app and in our monthly member newsletter
- FREE one-week trial of Golfshot Pro

Get expert golf instruction with Tips & Drills:
- Access over 175 videos for swing tips and analysis guaranteed to improve your game.

Golfshot Pro and Tips & Drills require subscriptions that can be purchased in-app and are renewed automatically, unless cancelled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage your subscriptions through your iTunes account. Golfshot Pro offers both monthly and yearly subscription options. Purchasing a subscription while your free trial is active will activate your membership immediately and cause your trial period to end.

Golfshot Plus requires a GPS-enabled iPhone® or iPad®. Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life. For battery-saving tips, FAQs and all of the amazing features of Golfshot visit golfshot.com. If you don’t see your course in Golfshot Plus, email us at support@golfshot.com to request a course update or send us your feedback!

In-app purchases and pricing:
- Golfshot Pro: $2.99/month or $14.99/year
- Tips & Drills: $1.99/month or $9.99/year

319897973-51360693-screenshot-watch-4.jpg
319897973-51360693-screenshot-watch-1.jpg
319897973-51360693-screenshot-watch-5.jpg
319897973-51360693-screenshot-watch-3.jpg
319897973-51360693-screenshot-watch-2.jpg

Going to Disney theme park? Be sure to load this on your Apple watch for up dated wait times for the attractions.

Wait Time

Wait Times for Disneyland shows what you want most when you open a wait time app. There is no browsing through menus or even a need for a few taps to get to the latest wait times. Just open the app and swipe between the parks.
And for those with the latest technology we have Apple Watch Support. See the nearest ride wait time at a glance, or open the full Apple Watch App to see wait times and FastPass return times on your wrist.

WaitTimesForDisneyland-2.jpeg
Disney WaitTime.jpg

If you want a $15,000 Apple Watch Edition but don't have that kind of money, here's a way to get a knockoff from Hoco for $51.

images

I found the cheap Apple Watch Edition knockoff very high quality and it fits about as perfect as one could ask for. The watch gold frame is actually made of plastic but it sells for under $10 by itself. I'm a little concerned that this cover could easily get knocked off so I may need to add a dab of cement to stick it and prevent accidentally losing the case cover.

The band is equal quality to Apple's $500 stainless band. I have not had a close look at the real Edition which can only be seen at Apple stores by appointment. The Gold looking ones on public display are not real and just plated demo models I learned.

I ordered this through Amazon as a Prime free shipping and it took 4 weeks to arrive.

I'm having fun, not just with the Apple watch function with so many new apps coming out but also just collecting these low cost accessories that change the overall look of the watch.
I'm hoping for Hoco to come out with a Titanium band for the Apple watch one day. :)

Attachments

• P1020244.JPG
    P1020244.JPG
    508.6 KB · Views: 180
  • P1020247.JPG
    P1020247.JPG
    524 KB · Views: 193
I have been trying to figure out a way to make a call on the watch with a number keypad but there is no number keypad. You can call Favorites, or anyone in your Contacts or a recent caller but not a new number needing a numeric keypad. Hopefully Apple or a 3rd party will make this available on the next wOS release.

However, I did discover a way to call a number by the numbers. Just use Seri.

Say: "Hey Seri"

When it comes up, say: "Call 999 555 1313 " I found it is pretty accurate

Then the Apple watch will call the number you spoke into the phone.

This doesn't work if you want to enter a number during a call as the "Hey Seri" doesn't do anything. And pressing the crown holding for a second doesn't work either. So if an inbound call is answered and you hear a voice say "Press 1 for English" or some similar instruction, the Apple Watch can't deal with that.

I'm hoping for an app to read the blood oxygen saturation. According to the experts in medical devices development, the sensors in the Apple watch are capable, but at the time the limitation was they were not allowed to access the hardware of the watch. That now is all changed with wOS2.0.

Wos2 is going to be the gift that keeps on giving.
Apple probably released the Watch too early. As I've said all along, I've been very happy and would be fine as is.
2.0 will make a lot more people feel about the watch as I do.

Apple probably released the Watch too early. As I've said all along, I've been very happy and would be fine as is.
2.0 will make a lot more people feel about the watch as I do.
As Apple has done in the past, the Apple Watch may have been a little unfinished in some areas when it launched, but they responded to feedback and comments to create a much better user experience.

I'm curious to see how much the Apple Watch numbers jump, especially as we get closer to the Holiday shopping season.

I was surprised to see my Apple discount through my employer now works for iPhones (not the 6s) and the Apple Watch (but not the 18K gold one!) Of course, it isn't much (like maybe 2%) but hey, it also covers the AppleCare+, too.

I played some more with the Apple Sports Edition (the gold tone with the dark blue band is a winner) but now that you can get the black stainless model with the fluoroelastomer band instead of the black stainless band, it's available for the same price ($549/$599) as the silver stainless case (but the black stainless w/black stainless band is still $100 more than the silver stainless version.) I always figured the black stainless process cost more, but apparently not for the watch, just the band.

The display case was also showing most of the new bands in the different colors. For good or for bad, Apple does seem to get that people who buy Apple products like to make their product "theirs", somehow different from the Apple Watch that someone else has. Apple could have copy-written the "look and feel" of the part of the watch band that docks with the watch, but they are allowing third-party watch bands (as well as high-end partners like Hermés) which helps sells Apple Watches.

I'm waiting to see WatchOS 2 but after seeing the gold-finish Sports with the dark blue band I'm thinking that would make a nice choice.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204833

I have been having trouble for several months now trying to use Digital Touch messaging between two Apple watches on the same Apple account. I'm not alone. Many families have had the same trouble and it seems Apple tech support is at a loss to either understand the problem or believe there is no fix.

In a case where two Apple watch owners are on the same account, the secondary family member may be able to send a Digital Touch message to the primary account holder but not the other way around. If the primary account holder tries to send a DT message, what happens is the little drawing is sent out and within seconds echos back to the sender's watch and never shows up on the intended destination watch. But if the secondary person tries to send the DT drawing, it goes through without trouble. At least that was in my case. In other cases people have complained the opposite.

The problem lies in the way one sets up iMessaging addressing. It would seem logical to list the watch owner's email address as well as the iphone number in the watch setup so that imessage can be sent to an email address the same as most people do with text messaging using a phone number. But with iMessage and DT use this is not possible. To prevent DT from getting confused, only the watch owner's phone number should be listed by all family members. Then to receive an iMessage you must send it to the recipient's phone number only. In the settup for imessage uncheck any email addresses. Leave only the phone number checked. Once this is done on all phones, DT alerts will automatically appear almost instantly on the recipient's watch.

In addition if you have old message threads in your history, you will need to delete these from all phones. Sorry about that, but if that history is present in your account, it will access the email and prevent the recipient's phone number from being used and the DT will not be sent.

The rest of the setup for DT also must be done such as only Apple Watch owners, who are in your Favorites can receive your DT message. If they are not in your favorites, and have an Apple watch, then there is no way for you to send or receive a DT message from them.

Roland- On my last cruise, a waiter in the dining room stopped and admired my wife's Rose Gold band and cover on her Sport model. He then pushed up his sleeve and showed off his Apple Gold Sport model with a leather black band. It really looked sharp. Today, the Apple watch has more accessories to customize the look than any other watch. And the great thing is, they are not expensive. My 18kt Gold plated band and Gold case, look like the real thing but only cost me about $50. Same for my Wife's rose gold and stainless set. I also have a Black band and case cover. Mixing them up is also fun by having a Black band on a gold case.

Heard a rumor that Apple has reserved time for a March announcement on the Apple watch. Should be interesting to see what they will release as the next version. I'd love to see a solar powered model with perpetual battery charge or one with a built in camera. Those two hardware changes would make me consider upgrading. I'd sell a few shares of Apple stock to do that. :)

I saw a rumor that Apple's engineers are making room for a bigger battery, but the rest of the external appearance would be the same. That way all the accessories would still work but let the Apple Watch get through the day no matter the amount of use.

The other rumor regarded a smart wrist strap that would tie with into the currently covered contacts in the slot where the bands slide in.

I haven't seen anything to make me want to upgrade to the 2 as of now.
I will be interested in more of the added supposedly health features. Rumors are the 2 may be announced in March.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts