Tips and tricks for Apple Watch owners

My Apple watch is set for high alert frequency on stock updates and I use glances quite a bit. Most phone calls I reject but do answer the text messages with a voice response. I just added a Dictionary app and a voice language translater. I still get average of 44 hours run time so my battery lasts for needing recharge every other day. My wife's 38mm gets down to 10% in about 28 hours but she does more phone calling talk time. Last I checked she had 4.5 hours "usage" on it which seems quite high for a day. On mine I have 70 minutes after 20 hours since last charge.

I don't think I would be a buyer of a "smart" wrist strap for a few more days of battery time. As I said, a Solar model would get me to upgrade.

If rumor is of interest, I heard Apple is working with the FDA on the O2 hemoglobin analyzer for the existing watch as an app. But that rumor is as old as the original watch itself. The hardware is there, but the application requires FDA approval and testing first.

Currently, Qardio has several Apple iphone and Android apps that have been approved. These also have an Apple watch controller and monitor. I have the Blood Pressure cuff and the weight scales ( Qardio Base) The BP cuff is excellent but the scales has lots of bugs. I had to return my first one as it was not accurate and eventually froze and would not turn off, draining the batteries. The new one still has issues but works 75% of the time. Their third health monitor is a chest band that measures your EKG on your iphone. This is rather expensive device and I'm not sure commercially available yet. You can track your EKG while on a tread mill or jogging. Tigerfan- you should stay abreast of this company if you are interested in health monitoring. There is another company that has a revolutionary new way to do blood analysis that only requires a drop of blood and uses your smart phone as a processor. You just buy the BT connected sensor device. It gives 30 different blood chemistry measurements. It is currently in FDA testing.