Tired of paying for HD, and not getting HD content? It's time to act!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I was thinking, why don't the chanels simply "switch" from SD to HD, instead of adding a seperate feed? That way they could have as much or as little HD as they wanted because there is no alternative feed? I really think that would satisfy some of the complaints that there is not enough HD content on an HD channel. This type of change wouldn't affect those subscribers with SDTV's at all either. I guess they do it this way to make more money, I don't know. It just seems like it would be simpler the other way.

Some people have equated the HD switch to the B/W to Color switch years ago; but back then they did it the simple way, one feed for all content.

Ahh, the B/W to Color switch. I was just a puppy when that happened, but I do remember. First, color programing was backward compatible, you didn't have to change a thing on your B/W set to watch it. Second, we didn't have to pay EXTRA to get the color content. Just buy the set and you got all that was available. Which was not much in the early days. From 1953 to 1966, the only network programming that was in color was on NBC. Local stations could produce their own color programming, like the news and local shows, but for network, it was NBC or nothing.

RCA was the parent company of NBC, and RCA held the crucial patents on color set technology. In fact, for many years, no matter what set brand you bought, chances were it had an RCA chassis inside. NBC aired programming specifically to sell RCA sets.
Walt Disney's World of Color, Bonanza, and The Tonight Show were specifically produced for optimum color rendition.

How many sets do you think RCA could have sold in those early days if the only thing in color on a show was the peacock?

This is funny to watch. People complained for weeks that D* had more HD channels. Many of us said "why would you want them when there is no HD on those channels". The masses continued to complain and E* added them. Now those same people are complaining that there is no HD on the channels.

We also knew VOOM was going but just not in the way it did. The lawsuit was the first sign as well as VOOM not updating their own programming or guides to even match the programming. In all honesty if E* can add other channels or even premiums that will offer HD then it is better off.

Lastly many of these channels will have HD content such as 5-Max which is in testing right now. TBS is still only showing 1-2 programs a day if that in HD so stations such as Cartoon and ABC Family need time to get up to speed.

I am just waiting until all of this is played out. After there is confirmation that Voom is gone permanently, D* will be my new home. I am not going to pay $140 for crappy programming and a company that engages in shady and deceptive tactics. I realize D* has issues of their own, but I think it's a matter of the lesser of two evils. In that regard, D* is a no brainer. Besides, how long do you think it will take E* to catch up with D* in content? Not anytime soon.

And yes, I am angry. Unfortunately, all of this is preaching to the choir, I realize that...

You do understand that D* has the same channels as E* does therefor they have the SAME lack of HD content problem. It is NOT the fault of E* or D* that the owners of the channels don't provide much HD programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts