Status
Please reply by conversation.

ttthhh

Original poster
Jan 6, 2014
Italy
Hi all,
I'm a new italian user!
I have a big solid dish (10 feet), one 36'' actuator for azimuth, one actuator for elevation and one Seavey ESR-124-H for Ku and C band reception!
I've already ordered one titanium ASC-1 to control the azimuth actuator and the mechanical polarizer of Seavey feed.
I would also check the actuator of elevation, again via DiSEqC commands, in order to move the disc (both azimuth and elevation) and the polarotor skew at each change channel on my digital receiver.
If I follow this wiring diagram:

C band LNB + Ku band LNB -> DiSEqC switch (2 in, 1 out) -> Titanium ASC-1 (azimuth) -> Titanium ASC-1 (elevation) -> digital receiver DiSEqC compliant

setting the same DiSEqC position in both positioners titanium ASC-1, I should get the desired result, is it correct?
How many db will lose the coaxial cable in in/out of positioners? (also considering the DiSEqC switch and 30 m of cable between antenna and receiver)

Thanks for the advices and compliments for the Titanium ASC-1, a product that was missing in the current sat world!
Regards,
Alessandro.

Hello Alessandro, :welcome

Welcome to SatelliteGuys! Would be interested in photos of your set-up.

The flow and usage of identical DiSEqC position assignments on both controllers will work as you outlined. The first ASC1 for azimuth actuator and mechanical polarizer then looping to a second controller for elevation actuator. While a stack of ASC1 controllers would certainly look nice, a second ASC1 might be overkill as the elevation actuator only needs basic DiSEqC positioning as provided by a basic V/Gbox.

The insertion loss of an ASC1 controller is approximately 2.5dB. Following typical losses this loop through and a DiSEqC switch would total at least 7.5dB loss. Instead, I might suggest using a quality splitter between the STB and the ASC1(s) to keep your feed loss minimized rather than looping signals through two controllers, a DiSEqC switch then to the LNB.

Hi all,
I'm a new italian user!
I have a big solid dish (10 feet), one 36'' actuator for azimuth, one actuator for elevation and one Seavey ESR-124-H for Ku and C band reception!
I've already ordered one titanium ASC-1 to control the azimuth actuator and the mechanical polarizer of Seavey feed.
I would also check the actuator of elevation, again via DiSEqC commands, in order to move the disc (both azimuth and elevation) and the polarotor skew at each change channel on my digital receiver.
If I follow this wiring diagram:

C band LNB + Ku band LNB -> DiSEqC switch (2 in, 1 out) -> Titanium ASC-1 (azimuth) -> Titanium ASC-1 (elevation) -> digital receiver DiSEqC compliant

setting the same DiSEqC position in both positioners titanium ASC-1, I should get the desired result, is it correct?
How many db will lose the coaxial cable in in/out of positioners? (also considering the DiSEqC switch and 30 m of cable between antenna and receiver)

Thanks for the advices and compliments for the Titanium ASC-1, a product that was missing in the current sat world!
Regards,
Alessandro.

Hello Brian,
thanks for the welcome and congratulations for the work you've done!
I'm purchasing a second titanium ASC-1 for 3 reasons:
1) serial control;
2) ability to control another polarizer (for ipotetic test phases);
3) higher quality than ridiculous competitors.
The idea of the splitter is interesting, then the wiring diagram would become:

digital receiver -> splitter | -> DiSEqC switch -> C band LNB + Ku band LNB
. | -> Titanium ASC-1 (az + pol) -> Titanium ASC-1 (el)

Is that correct?
Does introduce this splitter a loss?
Would you recommend me a high-performance model?
Best regards,
Alessandro.

Correct flow for connections. Yes, the splitter will introduce loss, but the amount of signal reaching the STB it will be approximately TWICE the strength of what it would be if passing through two devices. It also will not be exposed to potential noise from electronics if isolated from the controllers.

I don't know what splitter brands are available in your region, but look for one that will pass frequencies above 2150Mhz with both legs power passing.

Brian,

I cannot imagine how gratifying it must feel when a guy from Italy joins the forum and acknowledges the need for your product!

Keep up the good work!

Catamount

:welcome to SatelliteGuys ttthhh!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts