Titanium Satellite CK1S

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have a bsc641 that I bought years ago. I briefly played with it a few days ago with zero Ku results. I like that the Titanium model has a PLL Ku lnb. That is likely to make a very positive difference.

Dumb noobie question:
Can 2 receivers be hooked up to the CK1S so that C band and Ku band can be viewed at the same time? Or is it only 1 receiver/1 band at a time?

You could hook one receiver to the Ku output and another to the C output, but not have two separate receivers use one or the other output at the same time, I think. Maybe by slaving one receiver to the other, you might be able to?

You can use a switch and have one receiver use both outputs, the most likely scenario for it.

Not trying to be secretive, but been busy with some of life's curve-balls, working on some big projects and wanted to test the LNBFs performance first. :)

The model is the CK1S DRO

View attachment 110988

Had noticed that these C/KU combo LNBFs were out of stock from most vendors and the remaining stock on Ebay and Amazon was crazy overpriced (almost larceny)! Had a LCL order (partial container) of product on the way, so had the factory fill up the space. Costs about the same to ship air or product! LOL!!! :D

Didn't develop the unit. Nothing new or revolutionary. Just a quality OEM DRO LNBF that had been sold for several years under a defunct company's brand name. Will be posting up some installation guides and diagrams in the next few weeks.

Why does it have that orange colored area?

Yep, the orange area is where the Ku LNBF is housed. Why is it orange? They must have an overstock of that color of dye over there. :D

Read how to hook multiple receivers to a single or more LNBFs here:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/threads/switch-setups-simplified.134124/#post-1344314

If he just wants multiple receivers, being creative with switches will work.

Dumb noobie question:
Can 2 receivers be hooked up to the CK1S so that C band and Ku band can be viewed at the same time? Or is it only 1 receiver/1 band at a time?

When I read this last night, I took it as him wanting to watch different channels from the same LNB at the same time on different receivers, but reading it again now, I guess that's not what he meant. I was really tired last night.

Just to be straight in my head and in case Arm does have this in mind, If he hooks up two [or more] receivers up to the CK1S, with switches, slaving receivers, etc, all receivers will have to watch the same channel from the Ku LNB, or C LNB, whichever is being used, if more than one receiver is used at the same time, because the Ku and the C LNBs on the CK1S are only single output, not dual. Right?

I know, probably clear as mud. :( Sorry, I'm real tired again tonight, I hope that I wrote that so it's understandable!

Powered Multiswitches.jpg

The way I have it set up, using single output lnb(f)s, all receivers can watch all channels on all V TPs on 125W and all H TPs on 95W. Works out good in my case since all the good PBS channels are V on 125W and the English CCTV channels are all H on 95W.

EDIT: OP has an actuator so this setup would be pretty useless for him. Only useful in my case for fixed dishes.

Last edited:
Let me try and clarify what I mean.Sorry I don't know all the terminology yet.Dual output as A Raine posted above is what I think you call it.
One receiver on the C band,which will control the positioning.
Second receiver on the Ku band,no motor control.
BOTH receivers viewing simultaneously and independently.

Not important for my set-up at this time,but I'd like to future proof it for when ever I find a larger/better dish.I think I'll order a C1-PLL with the WiFi filter first.That way I can determine if TI has been causing part of my receive problems.Sound reasonable?

I don't want Ku enough to set-up a dedicated Ku dish.But it would be fun to play with Ku on the BUD. ;)

Let me try and clarify what I mean.Sorry I don't know all the terminology yet.Dual output as A Raine posted above is what I think you call it.
One receiver on the C band,which will control the positioning.
Second receiver on the Ku band,no motor control.
BOTH receivers viewing simultaneously and independently.

Not important for my set-up at this time,but I'd like to future proof it for when ever I find a larger/better dish.I think I'll order a C1-PLL with the WiFi filter first.That way I can determine if TI has been causing part of my receive problems.Sound reasonable?

I don't want Ku enough to set-up a dedicated Ku dish.But it would be fun to play with Ku on the BUD. ;)

So 1 reciever connected to the C band section the another receiver connected to the Ku section?
1 TV watching KU only and the other TV watching C band only?
If that is what you mean, yes that will work.

Ok time to revive this thread since I have a CK1S on the way.
:crowdbounce

Will an Ecoda 22Khz work for a 1 receiver setup.?
I want it simple and robust to begin with.From what I have read so far,a DiSEqC switch has more insertion loss?

I guess this CK1s C/Ku Combo LNBF turned out to be more popular than some thought. This thread started back in October of 2015 and now they are SOLD OUT! I guess my NS741/WSI reference to it wasn't THAT much of an issue after all, hey! :rollingeyes

I hooked mine up and i got the C working just fine, but the KU was horrible for me. I was only able to pull in the strongest of the KU signals. Is this common, or did i have something wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)