Titanium Satellite - New Products Announcement: PLL "lite" C-Band Phase Lock Loop LNBFs

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Titanium Satellite announces the upcoming release of a new PLL lite line-up of C-band Phase Lock Loop LNBFs for the cost conscious buyer. The lite versions of our products offer the benefits of quality components, Titanium research / development and custom design in a less expensive package.
215981092.jpg

The lite models are Cool Snow White poly color with the Royal Blue feedhorn cap with 3GHz rated f-fittings. The scalar includes standard hardware and a dielectric insert. The IC presort is less stringent than the standard series and guaranty frequency stability of 100KHz or better with operational drift of less than 25KHz. Wideband to cover the full 3.4GHz to 4.2GHz C-band international frequency range.

The C1W-PLL lite MSRP is set at a low $22 and the the C2W-PLL lite MSRP is $35 with lifetime warranty!

The PLL lite models will be available in March, 2014. Check www.TitaniumSatellite.com/products for product updates and availability.

Last edited:
That sounds like a great value! A pll lnbf at dro pricing. Now if only I could convince you there's a market for a pll c/ku combo lnbf...:p:D

So the only differences are noise figure and stability yet it performs like its big brother?

The lite may have the same performance, but it is not tightly sorted to guaranty the higher specs. It is built on the same PCB and uses similar components. The key is that the "big brothers" are grade sorted to provide guaranteed performance with higher specs. The sorting is based on several benchmarks. These PLLs provide a fairly consistent NR of .6dB, but could be higher (or lower). The initial sort allows for wider frequency variation, phase noise and isolation.

This is the dirty secret of LNBF production. Some manufacturers only sort DOA and extreme out of spec units. Titanium Satellite pays an extra premium to have pre and post production sorting to grade and cull components and products that are out of our demanding specifications. Our production costs more as a percentage of product is discarded, but it provides Titanium Satellite products with "REAL" specifications and higher performance. We can guaranty each customer of what is inside the product and not just what is printed on the box!

This is a novel idea, I like it. I think what Brian is doing for the community is really strengthening it. Allowing more users to get involved at a reasonable price. For users like me that are very demanding Im willing to pay a little extra (it really is only a little extra) for that assurance, and for those on a tighter budget they can still be involved in the community and own a quality product.

There is nothing more frustrating then a junk lnb, there are lots out there. A quick search of ebay shows these cheap junk lnb's are only $5 -7 less then the C1W-PLL lite, well worth it to pay the difference for Titanium's lnb.

UDL

No plans for a dual output KU LNBF as several decent options already exist. BTW... I had developed, tested and approved a standard type, KU-band and two output PLL model prior to my departure from Satellite AV. This two output KU PLL is now on the market.

I bought two of the two output pll SatAv KU lnbs, and got them about a week ago. $40 for two, free shipping (MAKE OFFER is such a great feature, lol). I haven't been able to install them yet, because it's been a non-stop CARNAGE of a winter.

The C1W-PLL lite MSRP is set at a low $22 and the the C2W-PLL lite MSRP is $35 with lifetime warranty!

what's the difference between C1W-PLL and C2W-PLL? The link in your post returns as a "400 bad request" when I click it. Is C1W a standard 3.7-4.2 GHZ LNBF and the C2W the 3.4-4.2 GHZ one?

what's the difference between C1W-PLL and C2W-PLL? The link in your post returns as a "400 bad request" when I click it. Is C1W a standard 3.7-4.2 GHZ LNBF and the C2W the 3.4-4.2 GHZ one?

C1 = 1 output
C2 = 2 outputs (can be used with a switch, kinda like a "poor-mans" orthomode type setup to get both polarities at the same time!)

Titanium Satellite - New Products Announcement: PLL "lite" C-Band Phase Lock ...

For those who prefer bandstacking why not use a two output LNBF with a bandstacker such as the Sonora Us575? You could use any dual output LNBF as bandstacked. This way as technology changes or the next hottest product comes along, it will always be bandstacked!

New from only $24.
Example: http://bit.ly/Nl3mLy

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

Brian -- can you comment on how the C2W-PLL would compare against an ortho feed with a pair of Norsat 8115 LNBs?

I have a 6 foot dish and am trying to eek out every bit of performance from it.

Brian -- can you comment on how the C2W-PLL would compare against an ortho feed with a pair of Norsat 8115 LNBs?

I have a 6 foot dish and am trying to eek out every bit of performance from it.

First thing, is that the C2W-PLL doesn't have a cash outlay of around $300 up front for the ortho feed and two Norsat 8115's. That's also buying it from the cheapest sellers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts