Tivo And 411 Problem

racer4551

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 28, 2004
I am currently having trouble recording with my tivo unit connected using rca's out from 411 to tivo and am also using the coponent out from 411 to tv so i can watch sat without tivo when i want.The problem is that i leave the 411 on all the time so the tivo can record the programs i want but when you go to view the programs on the tivo all you get is a black screen with the scrolling dish logo.Its like the 411 times out after being on for a period of time,by the way i do have the option for the timer set to off in the 411.Any clues?:mad:

I don't have a 411, but I think it acts the same as the older boxes in regards to the screen saver. Each night after the box checks for updates it goes into screen saver mode. I was able to fix this on a 322 by setting a daily timer to fire about 45 mins after the nightly update hits (the default is usually 3:00 AM). This will take it out of standby mode and your timers should fire. I may be totally off here as I don't have a 411, but that is my best guess.