TiVo and roku

radio

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
Sure! All you need is the proper connections available on the back or side of your set! New member? Welcome to Satelliteguys!

Reactions: Clarbear
Clarbear

Clarbear

SatelliteGuys Family
May 21, 2018
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sure! All you need is the proper connections available on the back or side of your set! New member? Welcome to Satelliteguys!
Thank you for the information about TiVoand Roku. And also thank you for welcoming me to Satelliteguys.

A

Alan Rovner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 8, 2013
Vancouver, WA
Absolutely that's what I have. Both a TiVo and Roku connect via HDMI to my Onkyo receiver then to the TV.

Or you can connect them directly to the TV's HDMI inputs.

Sent from my moto x4 using the SatelliteGuys app!

radio

radio

"On the Air" in MI
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2007
West Central Michigan
I'm not a Tivo owner, but some of the new ones include streaming as well. If you've not bought yet, look into that, and it's all in one box! (not sure what apps they support, but the major ones for sure.) Nothing wrong with separates, however. I've loved Roku since they came out with the original model. Always delivers what is promised in their build and performance. (given the obvious internet needs.)

jayn_j

jayn_j

Press On Regardless
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Sheboygan, WI
I'm not a Tivo owner, but some of the new ones include streaming as well. If you've not bought yet, look into that, and it's all in one box! (not sure what apps they support, but the major ones for sure.) Nothing wrong with separates, however. I've loved Roku since they came out with the original model. Always delivers what is promised in their build and performance. (given the obvious internet needs.)
To be fair, TIVO streaming will not fully replace a ROKU. The TIVO has a set of TIVO supplied apps, while the ROKU is an open system that allows you to configure any streaming app you can find.

The advantage of the TIVO is that it is a one box solution where you don't have to do any switching. If you are satisfied with the provided apps, you are golden.

But I counted a few months ago and I have 10 ways to stream Netflix in my house. Usually the TIVO is OK, but I am still using Roamios, so if I want 4k, I need to go to the Samsung TV or the UHD player for the stream.