TIVO blowout supersale. $50 Tivo, $250 LIFETIME!

one note about the Roamio....that I just discovered today after redoing my zip code (so both have the same zip....my local area)

The tuners are digital only.....now for most of you its no big whoop. But my ABC is analog (yes....it really is) so I can't record ABC on my Roamio (I can on my Series 3 whcih CAN decode analog)

Unlike you Claude I have been very satisfied with TiVo lifetime. In the process of buying the latest Roamio the CSR informed me my Series 1 was 15 years old and I still have it. My series 3 is 7 years and 1 month old, still working. I don't buy to resell I buy to use and my TiVos have been very reliable. I did upgrade the series 1 hard drive because it was so small but not because of a problem.

I have never had a TIVO that I purchased lifetime on that I have gotten a benefit from.

If they let you transfer it, in a minute I would buy lifetime again.

Reactions: foghorn2
I have never had a TIVO that I purchased lifetime on that I have gotten a benefit from.

If they let you transfer it, in a minute I would buy lifetime again.

There's TWO direct benefits with lifetime:
1: NO monthly fee's.
2: Then if you ever sell it, it appears you get back almost ALL the money you originally paid for it due to buyers snapping them up, even used.

Reactions: Mr Tony
But will they use or at least show PSIP data if there is no Internet service?

Can these Roamios access content over Ethernet ( SMB and DLNA ) or recognize a RAID array ( >6 TB RAID 5/6 ) connected to the eSATA port?

What hard drives are TiVo users upgrading with? Western Digital Purple?

Thank you. No sale.

I guess I could set one up to use my iPhone as a hotspot, but then when I left, I presume in a few days at best the preset recordings would not fire.

I guess I could set one up to use my iPhone as a hotspot, but then when I left, I presume in a few days at best the preset recordings would not fire.
nope. Recordings will fire just fine.

I have a hotspot that I use for internet. I turn it off when I'm not on the computer so the Tivo will go a day or two without updating the guide. You do need internet to search for shows or set up one pass (series timers) but without internet connection you can schedule one time recordings. I do it all the time.

You can force a refresh (update). I do that when I turn on the hotspot. I make sure to do a guide update before I shut it off. Or you can just leave it on all the time. It doesnt use any data unless its updating (which again is once a day)

I'm considering setting one up where there is no wired Internet service. I'm there every 2-4 weeks for a weekend and can use my iPhone for a slow intermittent Internet connection.

the update takes all of 5 minutes normally. If there is no guide info (it may have been unplugged for a few days) it may take up to 10 minutes

That link does not seem correct for ordering everywhere? I ordered a Tivo Roamio OTA with lifetime service for $249 shipped from Amazon, a new not refurbished unit, many available through Amazon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts