TiVo Bolt: Speed, More Speed, and Instant Ad Skipping

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
IMO Tivo screwed up. $599 for lifetime service (now called All in Plan) plus $299 for the dvr which also includes 1 year of service. At $900 its a no go from me. Ill just stick to my Roamio. This puts the ball back in Channelmaster's court and makes the DVR+ look so much better now.

The new features were a dud IMO too. I don't need autohop on the Hopper and I don't need it on the Tivo either, the sped up viewing mode, also would never be used. Looks like Tivo is back to being the company I never liked again.

I naively thought that TiVo wasn't making new DVR's.

TiVo Bolt: Speed, More Speed, and Instant Ad Skipping
https://www.yahoo.com/tech/tivo-bolt-speed-more-speed-and-instant-ad-035716017.html

tumblr_inline_nvgmaom7yk1spvpit_1280.jpg

That only includes 1 year of service, and then you can pay for additional years after that. Lifetime (now called "All In") has gone up to $599.99! That's a terrible price...

It also looks like a bent bar of soap to me.... lol

My Premieres are getting long in the tooth, so I might take a look at the Bolt. It's either that or the 4 tuner roomio (i use OTA).

My Premieres are getting long in the tooth, so I might take a look at the Bolt. It's either that or the 4 tuner roomio (i use OTA).
Finally bit the bullet and bought a Bolt (Best Buy has a sale on the ones with the free year).

Called in to deactivate 2 of my premiere's that I was replacing, and the Tivo rep told me that due to how long they had been activated, I could get lifetime on them for $99/ea.

Now the question is, what's the resale value on that. :D

Reactions: osu1991
I bought one of the Bolts with free year of service last weekend from Amazon for my stepsister, while they were still available for 232. She got the same bundle from Cox that I have. The Bolt is fast. Netflix launches noticeably faster on the Bolt compared to the Roamio. I love skipmode. I really have to think to use the skip button now when on a recording without skipmode

I need to order a new Mini, as lightning took out a transformer down the street Tuesday night and the multiple power surges fried one of mine. I was tempted this morning to get a Bolt, when I saw there were still some Bolts with 1 year of service included for sale at Best Buy. I think I will just order another mini though. I don't really need anymore tuners and my Roamio has lifetime.

Still using my Roamio OTA, and I love the commercial skip feature. Works better than Dish's feature IMO.
Still using my Tivo Series 3 with lifetime service and love it. I upgraded to a larger hard drive when the original drive started making noises.

Also, I found another Tivo Series 3 in a scrap pile and picked it up for replacement parts if anything fails on my lifetime unit.

My Roamio crapped the bed, and since I was under an agreement they let me get a 1TB bolt for a discount and transfer service.

Very fast, Netflix and Amazon apps are better than the Roamio but buggy at times. Overall I like it, but the SW needs work. The Netflix app does UHD very nicely (no HDR) and the output is 2160p/24, which I like.

Finally got to mess with it some more, not using much since no OTA recordings right now.

Amazon - 1080p HD streaming max right now, but the Bolt outputs 4k/24. Looks great.
Vudu - No UHD yet, HDX looks real good and it is 4k/24
Youtube - HD stuff looks as good as I expect on a 65"
Netflix - One of the best devices IMO if you have UHD Netflix service since you get 4k/24

The tivo's split recordings across both drives, so if one fails you still lose it all, kinda of sucks. Easier just to get a larger drive, or buy one with a small drive, and swap the drive on your own to a larger drive. The bolt has a 2.5" laptop type drive IIRC.

Reactions: SatelliteGAL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)