TiVo DVR + HD Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Aradan

Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
I've got a ViP 211, a Pioneer 57H TiVo DVR, and a soon-to-arrive Pioneer HD TV. Right now I have composite connections going from the 211 to the TiVo box, and then composite going to my TV. When the HD TV arrives, I'm aware that this will change as I'll be using the HDTV output to go to the HD TV.

My question is this: Will there be any issues with being able to record to the TiVo unit when the HD TV is off? A friend of mine put me onto a discussion thread where many people were complaining that they were unable to record shows when their HD TV was off because of something that had to do with copy protection and the HDMI interface (if I understand it correctly).

I would imagine that many other people here have to have similar setups (replace Pioneer HD TV with something else, and/or Pioneer 57H DVR with your fav brand). Advice appreciated!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)