WANTED TiVo Roamio Plus with Lifetime Service & Old Interface

cpalmer2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 18, 2013
United States
I'm looking to buy a TiVo Roamio Plus with Lifetime Service that is still using the older interface (i.e. not upgraded to the new "TiVo Experience". Anyone have one collecting dust you're interested in selling? If so, please contact me.

I'm looking to buy a TiVo Roamio Plus with Lifetime Service that is still using the older interface (i.e. not upgraded to the new "TiVo Experience". Anyone have one collecting dust you're interested in selling? If so, please contact me.

Whoops, it just sold as I was posting, sorry!

It's easy to downgrade these, IF they are running horrible Hydra.

I ended up finding a Roamio Plus for $149 and bought it on eBay. The only difference as I read it between the Plus & Pro is hard drive size and I'm planning to buy a hard drive upgrade from Weaknees anyway so that wasn't a sticking point either way.

Reactions: primestar31
I ended up finding a Roamio Plus for $149 and bought it on eBay. The only difference as I read it between the Plus & Pro is hard drive size and I'm planning to buy a hard drive upgrade from Weaknees anyway so that wasn't a sticking point either way.
You can buy a WD red or purple drive that is compatible (not all are) and upgrade it yourself for less money. Tivo community forums have the information on what drive models to use and how to upgrade it.

I've had a 3TB installed in my Roamio basic for years, and I've never even come close to filling it up. We record everything before watching it. I can't imagine a drive larger than that.

I don't know about the newer Tivos, but I always transfer stuff I want to keep long term to a pc. I have Tivo Premiers and a Tivo HD.

Reactions: Larry1
I've had a 3TB installed in my Roamio basic for years, and I've never even come close to filling it up. We record everything before watching it. I can't imagine a drive larger than that.
With broadcast tv shows having less and less quality, and us streaming more, my Tivo never comes close to filling up anymore.

Reactions: Mochuf
My Roamio Pro (circa Jan 2014) is still going strong, whereas the two (2) Tivo Bolt+ DVRs I purchased in 2016 have both sh*t-the-bed and were replaced with two Edge models. The Roamio is a rockstar with a heavy-duty DVR whereas the Bolt+ was a crappy design with a crash 'n burn harddrive. The Edge is a more stable hardware design, but it's only 2TB and I can't even use my 1TB DVR Expander since the Edge doesn't support eSata. I don't blame you for trying to find a Roamio....I'm keeping mine until it does (hopefully many more years) and I would very much consider having it repaired at WeakKnees should that ever happen. Cheers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)