Tivo tricks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Article was written for a stand alone receiver in mind, but some do work on the DirecTivo's. The 30 second commercial skip is my fave.

Just a note of caution. This article was written for standalone Tivos and if I am not mistaken some of these "Hacks" will not work as advertised on a DTivo.

silversurfer said:
Just a note of caution. This article was written for standalone Tivos and if I am not mistaken some of these "Hacks" will not work as advertised on a DTivo.

You are correct and most will not work on the 4.0 or 6.2 software because you are not able to "enable backdoors" with the S-P-S codes. But on the bright side you cannot get 400 lines of glory from a standalone unit, everything is "VCR" standard 225 lines, FWIW. :cool:

Anyone who wants to take extreme measures with their D* TiVo try a Google (from the bottom of the page) for "DTiVo Hacking" there is a lot out there on this subject, I have only done about 1/2 of it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)