TIVO users get ready for pop-up ads

Yet another good reason to can the stand-alone TiVo and support the DirecTV implementation! Let's see ... dual-tuners, commercial free, pop-up free and all advertising strangled in the showcase menu! If you need another reason lets try high definition and the freshly released hacks that allow you to use DirecTiVo with the 4.x software, streaming, Home Media Option (for streaming, MP3 and JPG, and many, many other toys that now make it the best thing going. Replay will never catch up (sorry Charper).

As of tonight I home will have more than 600GB of storage for TV programming. Whoohooo!

DirecTV will also be releasing v6.1 of the TiVo software in the next few months, this may be good or bad, but I know there will not be pop-ups. I know there are other opinions, and they do matter, but nothing is a good as a TiVo ... YET! Their time to fall is just around the corner, unknown to them they have already experienced their regin.

charper1 said:
Don't bark to fast, it may be in the Tivo/DTV agreement that they too must imploy the ads. Let's hope not, but.....

Even if it is :D Tonight I'll be running my hacked 4.01b software :D this package will not install software provided by DirecTV :yes

So for me I know I'll never get it or the v6.1 for that matter, for others ... I smell a budding industry :p

A VERY good point, although I really hope it is in-house and not done by ReplayTV because that would only screw up the ReplayTV system as it is now. They have stated that they will alway deny any partnership deals. Which has served them and their users well, except in name recognition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts