Tivo's Season Pass

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dcwebman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
Spring, TX
To get rid of the problem that I didn't want shows deleted until I told it to do so and not to have to do it for every show I recorded, it was suggested to use a Season Pass. That has worked great but lately I occasionally get this annoying message like last night that a conflict occurs on a future date (4/7 from last night) because there's not enough room on the hard drive for all my Season Pass shows and do I want to cancel that season pass or not.

I mean come on. I'm sure by 4/7 that the majority of those season pass shows will be deleted from the hard drive. So now I'm stuck having to set season pass shows with 7 days instead of "until I delete" so Tivo doesn't "think" that it will be full.

Jeff

You could install a larger hard drive or a second drive, or stop recording all the junk programs that you won't have time to watch anyway.

Unless you have a ton of season passes or you wait weeks to watch your shows, just let the Tivo manage the deletion of programs. I have about 15 season passes with the majority of them being HD and my shows tend to stay on the unit for at least two weeks before they get knocked off. If there is something I know I won't be able to watch right away I just mark it not to be delete automatically after it's been recorded.

As Clemsole stated, you can easily increase the capacity of the unit also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts