TNT-HD and Stars-HD gone

branchbouncer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 5, 2004
Massanutten,VA
Early am this morning TNT-HD and Stars-HD went off,is anyone having this problem.Seems strange TNT goes and then shortly after Stars went black also

branchbouncer said:
Early am this morning TNT-HD and Stars-HD went off,is anyone having this problem.Seems strange TNT goes and then shortly after Stars went black also
Check your satellite signal quality readings on these and other channels. If they are below 71-72 you will start losing the picture.

Not sure what the problem was I guess that the stb lost all sat signals.I had gone from TNT to the local news this morning,I then tried TNT and Stars after the news-still not there I then found out that the only thing being pulled was the locals all sat programing was gone,unpluged the box and now it's fine.Question-I am on software version 7.33 it has been that way since the install-1/31/05-shouldn't the stb have been updated with the newer software by now,is it not beeing upgraded for a reason?-is there a way to force the upgrade-or call CSR and ask for it.Sorry for the thread making it sound as if programing was disappearing

Just before the new software 7.4 I think, When tuning to a channel from another cannel by pressing the up channel key the channel would not be there. I would have to go past it then click the down channel button. This was happening all the time last week. Now with the newest software I have not had this happen.

Ilya-signal from the satellite is 96 what is the quality that you are talking about,I think that I have seen this reading but did't understand it-also I have a total clear shot at the satellite should I not be getting 99-100 for signal strength,are other LNB's compatible with VOOM ie: the single lnb from a D* dish,the plastic cover on my lnb looks like it has imperfections in it

branchbouncer said:
Not sure what the problem was I guess that the stb lost all sat signals.
I had a similar problem this morning. Lost all satellite channels. Signal quality went down to 50. In my case I blame it on the weather: a lot of wet snow this morning.

Question-I am on software version 7.33 it has been that way since the install-1/31/05-shouldn't the stb have been updated with the newer software by now,is it not beeing upgraded for a reason?-is there a way to force the upgrade-or call CSR and ask for it.Sorry for the thread making it sound as if programing was disappearing
Not everyone has been upgraded yet. And you cannot force the upgrade until you are targeted. Check the 7.37 thread for details.

I understand that VOOM is upgrading its encoders to the new Harmonic encoders. I am not sure when they are are doing this or what channels they are doing it too however this could be a valid explanation on whats going on. :)

My Neighbors Love My Voom

My neighbors love my Voom Service. They all want to switch to Voom but don't want to be caught without service because of all the latest press. Should I be confident in Voom future and talk up Vooms future. They love all the channels in HD.

Welcome to the forum, TommyBoyTX!
The next couple of weeks will show what's the future of VOOM looks like.
The way it looks now, VOOM is here to stay. But the current $1 promotion might be gone next month... ;)

We have had D* for over 9 years and signed up for VOOM and got installed on 1/31/05(keeping the D* service active)it is nice to have as many shows to pick from even if some are not that interesting at any given moment,if your friends really want VOOM service have them down grade what ever services that they have now to the min and if VOOM goes under then they can always upgrade thier prior service-Hopefully VOOM will be able to make a go of it-puts pressure on other providers to up thier HD packages,if VOOM starts to slip away then the other providers will think that adding HD programing is not that important and that would be ashame.
You should tell them to go for it now while the"1 dollar"deal is still active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)