TNT HD on D* 2/17/06

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It would be somewhat stupid on DirecTV's part to make this announcement and have it be MPEG4 only. There aren't a lot of MPEG4 receivers out there. Also, since it is on ch 75, it will be on one of the three current satellites.

It's good that DirecTV has thrown us a bone. Only time will tell what happens next.

jdspencer said:
It would be somewhat stupid on DirecTV's part to make this announcement and have it be MPEG4 only. There aren't a lot of MPEG4 receivers out there. Also, since it is on ch 75, it will be on one of the three current satellites.

It's good that DirecTV has thrown us a bone. Only time will tell what happens next.

It's not a DirecTV announcement. The scoop comes from Money.com and it says..

-- Turner Network Television (TNT) announced today that it has entered into an agreement with DIRECTV, Inc

With that said, I still doubt they'd put this up with MPEG4. Moving forward is a good thing! Now if we could just get those long sought after Voom channels....:D

any idea if it will be on the 119?

Is Charmed going to be in HD? It's not on WB so I'm not sure if it's actually filmed in HD?

Forget about giving me TNT-HD, I want more shopping and religious channels:devil:

Finally, more HD.:up Now how about really making my day and announce that National Geographic HD is coming soon.

jdspencer said:
Also, since it is on ch 75, it will be on one of the three current satellites.

Being on channel 75 has nothing to do about what satellite it will be on, they can map it to whatever address they like. But chances are that it would be on one of the 3 KU birds at 101/110/119 unless they really want to tick a bunch of folks off.

And yep, can't wait for all the HD-Lite comments, my bigger concern is what bit rate they give the channel since with NASCAR and the NBA they'll really need to make sure it gets a good amount else there will be a ton of macro blocking.

Hogarth said:
mikew:

Dude, VOOM has an exclusive agreement for satellite carriage with E*.

It ain't happenin'.
The statement was tongue in cheek with smily face. I personally could care less about the V* channels. There simply isn't enough programming that interests me. Initially, I enjoyed Rave. But after seeing Micheal McDonald 3 times, enough was enough.

I hope that all the Bring "TNT HD" to Directv people are now happy, your day has arrived...Now what is the next channel that we will be asking about for the next couple of years??

Also, just an FYI, I have seen TNT HD on comcast, and while not being a expert by any means....Many of their movies, don't look like HD. (Just my opinion, I could be wrong!!

Huhh ???

Huhh?? I read the article linked to by Curtis at the beginning of this thread and now when I go back to it the article is gone, no data. Maybe someone let the cat out of the bag too soon.:hungry:

Same here. Link is gone!!! Did it say a date for the channel to be up??? I also don't for the voom channels. I do have it now as a free offer from Dish and I'm picking it up with my 811. Will prob cancel it by the end of the month. I don't know why people need a DVR to for those channels as they just show the same programs over and over and over... :eek:

bgsmallwood said:
Huhh?? I read the article linked to by Curtis at the beginning of this thread and now when I go back to it the article is gone, no data. Maybe someone let the cat out of the bag too soon.:hungry:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts