to all the directv bashers out there, listen up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dragon002 said:
6 if you don't like directv ....MOVE ON!
7+ years straight (almost 9 total) and I did. The R-15 is complete crap and DirecTV ditching Tivo will be the end of them. Loving Dish and all the HD. Its going to take atleast a year before I catch up on all the Voom I have missed!

Pepsi and Sam Adams here. Screw that piss beer! Its all about the Double bock and Winter lager.

scooby2 said:
7+ years straight (almost 9 total) and I did. The R-15 is complete crap and DirecTV ditching Tivo will be the end of them. Loving Dish and all the HD. Its going to take atleast a year before I catch up on all the Voom I have missed!

Pepsi and Sam Adams here. Screw that piss beer! Its all about the Double bock and Winter lager.

Gee, from what I remember everyone saying when Voom was here is that they keep playing the same shows over and over and over again .....

Now suddenly, everyone wants it again ???

TNT was the latest craze everyone wanted, IF you want to watch Law and Order over and over again .....
It does show other content, NBA, Nascar ect. excect outside of sporting events, it's basically the same stuff.

As a few people have been trying to remind everyone .... If they will listen.

D* does not have all the sats up yet and things will get better when this is completed, it takes time.

Just think about all the people complaining if D* waited until everything was in place before adding ANY channels .......

Jimbo

Last edited:
dragon002 said:
VV,

exactly what channels do you want directv to add?? the voom loop, aint never gonna happen.

so what channels does dish carry in HD that directv doesnt?? other than the voom promo loop?

please oh wise ex gloomer inform us brain dead directv zombies.

Id like them to add A channel in HD. Right now there is none. Opps theres ESPNHD1 and 2. I apologize. :rolleyes:

Jimbos said:
Gee, from what I remember everyone saying when Voom was here is that they keep playing the same shows over and over and over again .....

Now suddenly, everyone wants it again ???

TNT was the latest craze everyone wanted, IF you want to watch Law and Order over and over again .....
It does show other content, NBA, Nascar ect. excect outside of sporting events, it's basically the same stuff.

As a few people have been trying to remind everyone .... If they will listen.

D* does not have all teh sats up yet and things will get better when this is completed, it takes time.

Just think about all the people complaining if D* waited until everything was in place before adding ANY channels .......

Jimbo

jimbo,

you dont get it. these HD fanatics dont care about the plot or storyline. it could be a fly stuck to wet paint, as long as his leg was still moving, as long as it was true hd at a decent bit rate , they would watch it. oh well gotta justify four grand for a tv to the old lady, somehow.

dragon002 said:
you dont get it. these HD fanatics dont care about the plot or storyline.
How little you know. At least we take time to watch some tv, and we prefer HD with plot and/or storyline. But, you are right, some of us would rather watch any HD, when compared to crappy SD. While you appear to watch no tv at all. You spend all your time here, justifying your DBS job, that you love so much, for your Boss. Wonder who your Boss might be???

Al

voomvoom said:
How little you know. At least we take time to watch some tv, and we prefer HD with plot and/or storyline. But, you are right, some of us would rather watch any HD, when compared to crappy SD. While you appear to watch no tv at all. You spend all your time here, justifying your DBS job, that you love so much, for your Boss. Wonder who your Boss might be???

Al

self employed:devil:

Last edited:
You're all f-ing crazy. They are just utility companies, like electric, gas, phone, cellular, or cable. Whichever one gives you the most value, go for it. They all have pros and cons. Emotional attachments to a company or brand are just plain goofy.

mdonnelly said:
And to all you DirectTV cheerleaders out there, who obsess that they may have made the wrong choice and are trying to convince everyone that Direct is better:

1. Some just need to rant!

2. Murdoch ain't gonna promise anything except the capability of 150 national HD channels.

3. See above.

4. E10, E11.

5. Then again ...

6. If you don't like E*, GET A LIFE. Stop trying to convert the heathens.

Your all idiots...I cant believe this thread has gone on to it's 7th page and not one of you has mentioned the king...the monarch...the GOD of all Soft Drinks .................................ROOT BEER, preferably Stewart's

Let's Make It 8 Pages...

FlyingJ said:
Your all idiots...I cant believe this thread has gone on to it's 7th page and not one of you has mentioned the king...the monarch...the GOD of all Soft Drinks .................................ROOT BEER, preferably Stewart's
You gots to be kid'in. Nothing beats "me and my RC" with roasted peanuts soaked in (preferably Tom's).

Al

RC.....pardon the cityboy approach here...but...the only people I see buying RC at the local grocery are ummm...errr....usually missing teeth.

That's cause you city slickers don't add the roasted peanuts. Those of us in the boondocks know the natural oil from the peanuts preserves our gums (who needs teeth) and actually makes them tough enough to tear into the road kill we put in our Brunswick Stew.

Al

This is why I dont come on here as much as I used to, to much bitching from either side and all sides and mostly from a handful and not the whole. D and E both suck and shine at the same time just as the cable co's and the cell/telco's do. I can tell you in my eyes why D sucks, poor sub contractor installs and poor customer service is what hurts D. I can tell you what makes E suck, Sub contractor installs, a call center in India, and overworked employee's. Where D shines is with NFL ticket, where E shines is with dual tuners ( I hate them more than anything for all the work needed to put them in ).

Personaly I would rather have cable because I dont want a large pizza pan on my home, but for me the price is cheap if only because I work for them and there is absolutely no competition in the whole of Michigan for your television viewing needs so comcast and wow and brighthouse are kings of takin money.

BlackHitachi said:
RUM and COKE for me or PEPSI just make sure we have some Rum in it too. D* or E* well which every has the BEST and MOST HD!!

What he said - but it's gotta be dark rum:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts