To Buy or Not to Buy?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
If it's got a VC2 module in it pull it out it will run cooler and faster. I finally took out my VC module and noticed it locks up on analog channels faster and runs cooler.

NOted. But I'll probably get rid of this one. I don't really have a great spot for a BUD at my new place. I'm going to replace the battery and give it a new home. I want to play around with it a bit before it goes, but I just don't need it at the moment (and my wife is in a big "get rid of junk, don't bring it home" mood).

I'm still on the fence about keeping this unit. I have a new battery on its way and I'm still in the process of getting a remote (ebay isn't productive at the moment and I'd like to get an original remote if possible. Otherwise, I'll grab a Voom). We moved in the last couple of months and I haven't put any dishes back up. I will install my ku dish next week (need it for football season!!) and just want to know if there's any reason to keep this for ku reasons? I use a Diamond 9200HD for my main box and a Fortec Star for blind scanning. Is there any advantage I will get adding in the 920? I'm considering putting the BUD back up (if LOS is there. Still have to test), but that's a big "if" right now.

no reason to change the bat at 3.64 volts. a waste of your time in my mind. id keep it just in case. and most moto remotes work with the 4d's. you just need to find one that has enuff buttons that the sat button is mapped somewhere on the remote. also there are more than one 4d remote. i have a super old one that sucks and dont work so good. i also have a newer remote (almost the same as a starchoice remote) that works great.

crackt out,.

no reason to change the bat at 3.64 volts. a waste of your time in my mind.

Well, lithium drops voltage very fast, and I don't want to get into the habit of opening the box and testing voltage every now and again. I'd rather spend the $10 on a battery and not have to worry about it for a few years. Besides, I would imagine that if I do decide to get rid of it, a buyer would take comfort in the fact that it's got a new battery. Not everyone can pop open the case and solder on a new battery.

... I will install my ku dish next week (need it for football season!!) and just want to know if there's any reason to keep this for ku reasons?
I don't think there's been any 4D on Ku in over a year.
Is there any advantage I will get adding in the 920?
I'm considering putting the BUD back up....
Only to move the BUD motor and/or servo motor.
Read other threads on the future of subscribing to anything with it.

Starchoice or Shaw remotes work on 4dtv's as I had to reprogram my 4dtv so as not to change channels on my Starchoice. You can even program motorola's cable tv remote to work a 4dtv just need code book.

What's the code for that I have 3 Motorola Cable remotes here. I also have the book and don't see it in there.

I am using a Atlas universal that the cable company gave me in the back of the book they also have Satellite codes that will work the 4dtv the code I use is 0869 as long as you have not changed the 4dtv from factory code (0) it should work .
This will also work for Voom, Starchoice, Radio Shack, Next Level, Motorola, General Instruments recievers.

I am using a Atlas universal that the cable company gave me in the back of the book they also have Satellite codes that will work the 4dtv the code I use is 0869 as long as you have not changed the 4dtv from factory code (0) it should work .
This will also work for Voom, Starchoice, Radio Shack, Next Level, Motorola, General Instruments recievers.

Thanks I'll try that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)