To C. Dolan - Sell the voom customer list

HDwonderer

Forced ex-VOOMer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 8, 2005
Upstate NY
Dear Chuck,

Please sell the voom customer list to D* & E* so they may compete to gain the 45,000 or so customers you have. This will give us better then normal deals or incentives to switch over. Maybe they will even give us free HD boxes with Free HD for a year. Yup, that'll work.

-Scott

P.S.
Thank for the fun while it lasted.

I do not think Voom should sell the customer list.
I do not want Dish or Direct TV calling me on the phone attempting to sell me their lack luster service.

I already had the best HDTV service. Dish and Dircect TV don't have anything to offer that compares. Why should I put up with telemarters?

roland

piperut said:
I do not want Dish or Direct TV calling me on the phone attempting to sell me their lack luster service.

I already had the best HDTV service. Dish and Dircect TV don't have anything to offer that compares. Why should I put up with telemarters?

roland
Ditto. I'm going with Adelphia for their lackluster 12 HD channels---which is more than E* or D*, and I get to rent 3 low-cost HD DVR's. I had the best HD service, but cable is providing better options at present. Since there is no programming comittment, I'll wait 'till this fall to see if D* and/or E* ever get their asses in gear. Offhand, it will take another 2-3 years to get back up to 40 HD channels.

Sell

Sell the list
WE know That D* & E* does not come close to VOOM now & Never will,
But cable is much worst,
And we dont have over the air here as there is about 8000 ft mountain in the way.
so we have no other way to go but :no :no :no :no D* & E* :mad: :mad:
thank you
BOB
northern AZ
P.S
I just went to the Cable One website to see how bad & HIGH cable was here
$67.90 for cable with HBO
$13.95 HDTV receiver
______
$81.85
For ONLY $81.85 WE COULD GET ,( HBO HD , TNT HD , CBS HD, & ESPN HD )
ONLY $81.85 FOR 4 CHANNELS OF HDTV.
For about $14.00 more each could also get showtime HD & tmc HD
that is why would have to go with Dish or Direct
Bob AZ

judybob said:
Sell the list
WE know That D* & E* does not come close to VOOM now & Never will,
But cable is much worst,
And we dont have over the air here as there is about 8000 ft mountain in the way.
so we have no other way to go but :no :no :no :no D* & E* :mad: :mad:
thank you
BOB
northern AZ

I feel your pain, I also live in northern AZ.

I agree with you

piperut said:

roland

Dish and Direct will make deals with you if you call them yourself and comcast has specials for those coming from satellite

Personally I dont want or think they should sell the list, you do the legwork as I get enough dang sales calls as is. Last thing I want is to have my info sold to ANOTHER company to bug me just so its convienent for someone else. Besides, if Cablevision gets to sell the list they will make something for it moneywise and I dont feel CV deserves to make another cent of voomers as their who decided we were not worth it

Dish and Direct would never pay for the list because they know sat customers dont like cable and they already have a 50/50 shot at getting your business anyway!

Heck they might even charge you more for dumping them in the first place and now you wanna come back! :)

jeslevine said:
Dish and Direct will make deals with you if you call them yourself and comcast has specials for those coming from satellite

I beg to differ. The other DBS companies don't appear to be trying to capture Voomers at all.

There was no "deal" when I called DirecTV other than what was available for a regular new customer: you still have to pay $300 out of pocket for an HD receiver or $999 for the HD-Tivo. All speculation on what will happen when D* moves to MP4 is a guess... which helps because I really don't want to send any $ to Rupert Murdoch.

Dish was offering free install (after deducting $49.99 from the first bill) for installing an HD receiver or $249.99 for the "lease" deal on the 942 (HD-DVR). I may be confused, but they seemed to say that the "lease" cost for the receiver was then simply included in the monthly programming charge (no DVR fee or box rental fee), or it might have been $5/month.

Local cable company (Charter) offered a special deal for all premiums, plus HD, plus HD-DVR for $64/month with no installation charges (guaranteed price for 20 months but 12 month contract required). Out of the three choices they are the only one that has both UHD and TNT-"HD", but they only carry two locals in HD (NBC and CBS) whereas I can currently pick up all digital channels with my OTA antenna (NBC, CBS, ABC, Fox, WB, UPN, both NC and SC PBS). This would be okay, but even with an OTA tuner I couldn't use the Cable DVR for those locals that the cable system doesn't carry in HD.

I don't know what I'm going to do, so I think I'll sulk for a week or so while I ponder it some more. :(

CDH.

jeslevine said:

Called both E* and D* no special deal to try to grab us. I just don't want to spend the investment all over again. If they can see the potental of customers to gain they just might work out something special for us. As far as content. Voom is gone. I liked it too. So if you want a few stations you only have 2-3 choices. D*, E* or maybe cable. So they only have @ 10 HD channels. Yes that sucks. D & E - give us a deal that at least could make us think. As far as a rep calling me... I am an adult. Let me at least hear the option. I can hang up.

I setup with cable for an install on the 28th. At least they are month to month. I also told them I was quoted a lowball price.... of 55 in stead of 76/month. Get this - they gave it to me for a year with NO contract. Heck TW Cable will try to rape you if they can so I just tried to turn the table a bit.

D* CSR said they have not heard of a company called Voom. :shocked E* CSR has did not hear of the shutdown. No deals yet

That I'd have to buy a new unit now & the possability that will have to buy another new box soon if went the DTV route what with mpeg4 and such is what made me decide to go with cable for now. This way get about the same channels (actually a few more movie channels in HD plus all my locals HD via the cable) 2 DVRhd boxes and still pay less than I did for DTV/Tivo without HD. The best offer DTV made me, an 8yr+ subscriber was if I stayed they would give me $200 in credit to my account so the DVR unit would only actually run me $800, LOL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)