Today's kids play yesterday's games

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

vandalous

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 13, 2004
Keller, TX
Today's kids on yesterday's games.

and

Part Deux!

An exceprt:

"Donkey Kong is 'lame.' Tetris is 'boring.' Space Invaders 'needs a superbomb or something.' And why play Pong when it's more fun to 'jump up and down on one foot'? Hey, save your irate letters--we didn't say this stuff. The nostalgia-nuking commentary is from EGM's November 2003 issue, in which we had kids of the PlayStation generation playtest classic games from the '70s and '80s. Mortified gaming grown-ups wrote in to call it blasphemy--and call these outspoken scamps a name that rhymes with 'brittle truckers.'"

Hah, Never!

The 2600 will always be my favorite. If you don't know what the 2600 is, you're either too young or too cave-dwelling to read this post. :)

For Christmas I got the Atari classics "TV game". It has a few great games on there. I also have the Namco one from last year's Christmas, and a similar unlicensed NES clone one that I've had for several years.

Then there's my original woodgrain 6-switch 2600, the Intellivision, Vectrex, original GameBoy, GBA SP, and SNES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)