Today's the Day!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

psumattDE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Wilmington, DE
Well, my installation day has finally arrived! Between 12-5 today (God willing) I'll have my DISH system installed.

It's a perfect sunny day - albeit a bit windy - so hopefully the tech will be safe up on that ladder!

I'll post my reviews of the 622 and 211 later on today. I'm going with HD Platinum, Philly locals, and will be adding the Sports-pak after i'm up and running.

Me to! 12:00-5:00 today! Good weather here in Mass too.

Been staring down the 622 all week but decided not to risk self/phone activaction for fear of work order for 61.5 dish getting cancelled. Got the HDMI and component cables in place so it's ready for plug and play replacement of the 522.
Not sure which I'll will go with - will need to experiment a little tonight...

Got a few dozen hours of crap on the 522 we never got around to watching - oh well. Will have to catch up on Cobert Report in reruns.

Just HD Bronze with locals for me. First taste of HD for me!
Prediction/wishful thinking: Hoping SD PQ will improve a little since I'll be using HDMI or component instead of S-video for my 46" Sony rear projection TV... we'll see...

Today is a clear, warm, beautiful day. The 211 has been hook up to the TV for two weeks with no HD. Two weeks ago, Saturday, it was way too windy (a front was coming in) to go up on the roof (two story house). Last week, Saturday, it was rainy like crazy, so had to reschedule again. I did not want to take off from work just for an install, so hopefully I will get my Dish1000 installed today.:)

I'm now Up and Running!

Well - I'm now a happy DISH subscriber! The 2 techs took about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish. 2 Dish 500's on the roof - in a perfect spot - signal levels were over 100 on 119 and 110. I have a 2nd dish for 61.5 (Philly).

They were able to use my existing coax - so most of the work was done in the basement. I could not be happier with how professional they were.

My 622 and 211 are both up and running - and i'm very impressed. I had to call back in to DISH support to have them "officially" add my locals - and I also picked up the Multi-sport pak. The locals trickled down in minutes.

The VOOM HD channels actually look great - despite the "HD Lite" talk i've read on here. The 622's menu - interactive guide - PIP - are really cool. I'm still playing along. I'm on the HD Platinum package.

My RCA wireless phone jacks also worked like a charm! Now all i have left to do is call Comcast up. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts