KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
Tonight on Satellite Nation we are joined by Outernet CEO, Syed Karim.
For more info on Outernet visit www.outernet.is

Tune in tonight at 8P ET - 5P PT right here on radio.satelliteguys.us
Call in number is 877-SAT-GUYS

Also you can catch us on Access America on Galaxy 19(97W) Ku
12115 V 22424
Audio PID 4135

If you have questions or comments Like our Facebook page and post your comment or question
www.facebook.com/satellitenationradio

See you there!!

Will be listening, I am waiting on my PCTV 461e tuner to finish my setup.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Reactions: Titanium
Ah, the 461e. It works, but sometimes it just breaks connections. I believe that the latest software build has corrected that issue, but please let us know how it is behaving for you.

I got an e-mail today from Hauppauge saying the PCTV 461e is expected back in stock at the end of August, I wish their website would have let me know that when I ordered it a few days ago. I saw that the 461e had issues with the older software
Version but none of the recommended tuners seem to be common here in the U.S..

We've been testing a much less expensive Chinese tuner for the past few weeks. The v2 worked flawlessly, but the v3 changed out a chip, which is causing some hiccups. Once we are confident with v3, we'll be ordering a few hundred to sell in the US. Our target price is $40. Our next project will be to marry the tuner directly to a wifi router, which should reduce the costs of the entire system (I've used perfectly functional $15 routers).

More options will be nice.

Ah, the 461e. It works, but sometimes it just breaks connections. I believe that the latest software build has corrected that issue, but please let us know how it is behaving for you.

I have picked up a total of 11 wikipedia pages, most of the time I am not getting anything. I just set this up late last night so it has been running less than 24 hours.

I restarted my Outernet setup last Monday Sept. 8th and so far it has been working pretty well, the PCTV 461e works fine with ArchLinux, every time I check there is new downloaded content. I have close to 700 files so far without a hitch.

I ordered the PCTV 461e from Hauppauge for $69.99

Reactions: Titanium and KE4EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts