Tonight's Tech Chat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Hey guys,

Tonight could be an interesting tech chat.

Here is what I am hearing may be on tonight's chat...

Special Guest from SIRIUS Satellite Radio - Inroducing the Sirius Boombox (which we have seen before... but they are going to show it again since Dish finally has the Boombox in stock)
Software Update News - (Yes folks more empty promises anyone remember the software they said was coming on the last tech chat? Where is it?)
Discussion of HD Equipment (I would not be shocked to see some new HD equipment shown tonight)
Mention of HD Closeouts on 921 and DIsh 34" and 40" HDTV's
Mention of new LCD Televisions which will be available in very limited basis in December.
Mention of DishProPlus Technology - The DPP44 and DPP44 Twin LNB

Here at SatelliteGuys we will be holding our famous Tech Chat... Chat in our SatelliteGuys Chat Room starting at 8:30PM EST.

As normal our Friends from DishStore.NET will be in the house giving away some great prizes plus we will be giving away some great prizes from our friends at Sirius Satellite Radio, so please come join in the fun!

Hey guys...

Since it appears that the 921 has been discontinued that leave a bunch of questions which they can hopefully answer on tonight's Tech Chat.

Some of them I want answered are as follows

Will the 921 ever get Name Based Recording?
Will the 921 ever get OTA Guide Data? (I say yes to this one)
Will the 921 ever get Dish Home Interactive?
Will the 921 ever get the Dish Home Media Option?

If you are a 921 owner and want to know the answer to these questions I invite you to call in tonight 1-888-621-2078. If any of our members can get through on the air and get Dish to talk about the future of the 921 your helping all 921 owners around the country, so please try to get on!

You can also email them at techchat@echostar.com however the prefered method is to jam the phones and to find out whats going on.

We look forward to seeing everyone in our chat tonight starting at 8:30PM!

http://chat.satelliteguys.us

It's looks like the 942 is shipping soon, I would love to know if it will be obtainable before xmas...On the other hand I haven't heard any more rumors about the upcoming 8xx reciever...Their being pretty tight lipped about the other boxes.

Jason

I doubt that the 921 would get a Home Media option. Even though I'm not really sure what that is.

But I can see the other 3 being done.

OTA Guide - Definately.
Name Based Recording - Likely
Dish Home - Hopefully

I really want to know if there has been any word on the Dish Pro Plus LNBs. I only have two TVs so i don't want to spend $$$ on a DPP44 when a DPP LNB would likely serv my needs just fine. Plus I need to get DP LNBs anyway if I did use a DPP44.

korsjs said:
I will try to get through to ask a question, but I never make it past the screeners.

Just ask how to use the Guide or how to program your remote so it turns your TV on and off! You will most definitely get through then.

If you mention SatelliteGuys on the air we will send you a DVD of your choice. :)

But then entire point in this is not to advertise SatelliteGuys (although I would love it) the point is for 921 owners to work together to make sure we get all the features that were promised to us.

We really need to work together on this.

PLEASE CALL AND TRY TO GET ON THE AIR TONIGHT!

If your asking whether Scott has a bootleg of The Incredibles, I think it's no :)

StevenD said:
Just ask how to use the Guide or how to program your remote so it turns your TV on and off! You will most definitely get through then.

or credit card autopay :)

Looks like I don't have TightVNC configured right, or they have that port blocked as well.

I really miss being able to join in these chats. :)

Guy I can't say again how important it is that someone tried getting on and asking about the future of the 921 is.

PLEASE FLOOD THE PHONE LINES.

It would be nice if you could get through Scott. If you did, since they know you, they should give an honest answer seeing as how we have over 13,000 people here now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts