Too expensive? !

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have seen overpriced dishes before. It's either because.

1. The owner paid $4000 for it 25 years ago, so $1500 is a bargain.
2. They have NO idea what it's worth.

Rotates approx 20 degrees.

Um...should rotate more than that!:eek:

The 12 footer I took down last week I picked for free the guy just wanted to get ride of it but he still had the bill from when it was installed. The price tag 1987 to install this dish $6800.00. That's a lot of money today but back then that was a small fortune.

The 12 footer I took down last week I picked for free the guy just wanted to get ride of it but he still had the bill from when it was installed. The price tag 1987 to install this dish $6800.00. That's a lot of money today but back then that was a small fortune.

Small fortune???... :wacko:

A couple of locals back in that time era spent in the $4500 for 10 footers!
I thought that was high! That is quite a bit more for that extra 2 feet! :eek:

The only 12' I knew of in my area ended up in the hands of scrappers!
I talked to the elderly lady a month or so before she passed about getting that dish. She insisted that she needed it to get her TV channels. The C band receiver and separate positioner were lit up like Christmas trees and right next to those was a pizza receiver. There also was a tiny looking pizza plate next to this monstrous looking 12 footer! I did not have the heart to tell a 90 year old woman that she was wrong.

Last edited:
Lots of money alright. The dish my father purchased in 1984, 7.5 foot, steel, Wilson cost around $4,800.00. That included the dish, mover, big bunch of concrete, post, receiver, and a black box to make mover work. They were exploding with installations back then. Free HBO, free movie channel, free cinamax, you get the idea. Then encryption started to move in........bummer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)