Too HOTT!!

Dishman1978

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 31, 2010
California
Apparently 145 degrees is too hot. He coulda cooked an egg on that reciever.

Attachments

• image-885041046.png
    image-885041046.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 343
ckhalil18 said:
Wow that's hot! Where was the receiver placed at?

In a cubby with plenty of air flow. On top of a vcr. Didnt make sense. And the back of the reciever compartment was completely open.

I did notice when I got an MT2 module and installed it my 722k fan runs a tad higher than it used to. Still barely audible though.

Also, the boxes need air flow at the BOTTOM as well as the left side. These large HDD's create a lot of heat. Perhaps the MT2 adds just enough to put it over, but we haven't seen large numbers of MT2 too hot problems reported.

TiVo also uses the MT2 on both its older Series 3, HD, HDXL, and it new Premiere and Premiere XL, but no MT2 heat problems have been reported on the TiVo forums, just how lousy the Premiere OTA is compared to the Series 3 models.

In a cubby with plenty of air flow. On top of a vcr. Didnt make sense. And the back of the reciever compartment was completely open.

Get it out of the cubby, no stacking...in fact raise it up from the bottom at least 1/2 inch.

Oh, it's another dish can do no wrong and anyone else's posts are invalid.
No, but reading your posts shows that you have been on a crusade for a long time making the OTA MT2 unit the cause of overheating... even when faced with many, many posts that say their unit is warm, at best, to the touch.

(All this before you even know what model receiver and if a OTA module is even involved.)

PS It has since been posted that the overheated unit was a non-MT2 unit.

Last edited:
I didn't meqn to cause a FLAME WAR. Haha cuz the title is 'too HOTT'. Okay thats lame.

Vip722, not the k version.

Talked with my manager, cuz I had never seen this warning screen and he said 2 recievers on the same account at another location did the exact same thing with no perciebable reason why, plenty of airflow.

I did notice that no fan was running when i showed to trouble shoot, and trying to restart the reciever just popped that warning back up again.

It makes no sense honestly since my reciever is in a much smaller cubby and I have very little airflow to mine, but i have a k model so maybe thats the diff.

Just thought i'd post this pic with ya'll just to show something new to me, and i've been doing this a while.

Oh, it's another dish can do no wrong and anyone else's posts are invalid. :deadhorse:

Nope E* has problems but the MT2 hasn't been one but for a very short time period and you are the one that keeps bringing it up. So it's about time you learned that you are dwelling on OLD info that was fixed a long time ago.

Nope E* has problems but the MT2 hasn't been one but for a very short time period and you are the one that keeps bringing it up. So it's about time you learned that you are dwelling on OLD info that was fixed a long time ago.
I don't thinkl anything wrt the MT2 and heat was ever "fixed." I had an earlier 722k with an MT2 and like virtually everyone else that has reported, the MT2 was at best warm to the touch.

Last edited:
whatchel1 said:

I think he was referring more to the poster than the MT2.

My 2 722s have highs of 140 and 141 but this is not blocked airflow but the 7000' altitude.
I seldom have problems even possibly attributable to the high temps.
They are on a lot of the time and above one another but on separate glass shelves, open back and front and left front.
I might want to raising them 1/2 inch above the glass, so that is a good thought.
-Ken

I will tell my 222k the next time the 4th MT2 goes out in 6 months that it is "dwelling on OLD info" and that whatchel1 says so. :rolleyes:

Is ANYONE (besides r10fret) experiencing heat problems where the MT2 unit is anything more than warm to the touch?

If ANYONE (besides r10fret) is experiencing 222k overheating problems and the solution is to remove the MT2 unit, please raise your hand.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts