too much money for all american

Directv is a rip off, I was looking at switching over to dtv. I been with dish for 15 years as well, and I agree we should get some loyalty rewards once in awhile, back to directv their dvr fee $25 dollars. There packages are cheaper than dish, their multisports channel is included in the premier channel. Just their dvr fee is way too high.

Directv is a rip off, I was looking at switching over to dtv. I been with dish for 15 years as well, and I agree we should get some loyalty rewards once in awhile, back to directv their dvr fee $25 dollars.
In the interest of accuracy, DIRECTV's Advanced Receiver Fee is now $15 (for recent subscribers) and they're charging a $6 TV fee for every receiver (standard, DVR, GenieMini or RVU TV).

Are you sure about the $15? I called them about 2 months ago just to ask about that specifically. The rep said it was for new cuts promotions, but after the 2 years it does in fact go to $25. He likely could have been wrong, but that would be wrong, in the wrong direction.

Are you sure about the $15?
Yep.
DIRECTV ARS FAQ said:
Advanced Receiver Service costs $15/month and is required for new customers who get the Genie HD DVR, DIRECTV Plus HD DVR, or the TiVo HD DVR. There's only one monthly service fee no matter how many receivers you have on your account.
Calling CSRs to verify long-term pricing is a wasted effort. DIRECTV has dug a pretty deep hole with all of the different installation-date sensitive and grandfathering programs they're juggling.

Well. I doubt you are being given a two year rate. Any time I have looked into Direct it is ONLY the first 12 months that the promo price is good for. Plus, as you go along you begin losing other little credits along the way too, so by the time you are into the last year of the contract you will be considerably higher than when you started out. ...

I told him that in post #10 above. As for the fees reading posts it sure looks like after a certain date (that has long passed) the advanced fee is $25 but online at the Direct TV site it looks like $15. Maybe they broke out the HD fee from that?

I told him that in post #10 above. As for the fees reading posts it sure looks like after a certain date (that has long passed) the advanced fee is $25 but online at the Direct TV site it looks like $15. Maybe they broke out the HD fee from that?

I thought I read that DirecTV now has HD free for life (like Dish used to have). Maybe that's why the fee is now $15?

I thought I read that DirecTV now has HD free for life (like Dish used to have). Maybe that's why the fee is now $15?
That's the magic of shifting things around. Long-timers pay $10 for HD, $10 for DVR and $3 for WHDS (if they wanted it).
In 2012, they changed that to be $25 for the whole deal (whether you wanted WHDS or not) for new subscribers.

Last month they changed the ARS to $15 but they removed the Primary Leased Receiver credit so they're charging a lower price than long-timers pay (except that WHDS isn't optional).

It is all about juggling as I said.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)