Top 120, 120 plus vs top 200

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
So this is the problem. Wife watches bravo and style but those aren't in the top 120 but only in top 200 and up. Does top 200 really offer that many more channels to justify paying the 10.00 more? I wish those channels were in the top 120.

Easy, go to the Dish site and do a comparison of what you watch and what the packages have. Only you can decide. And it's $5 more than the Top120+.

I think AT200 is the best bang for the buck of all their packages.

So this is the problem. Wife watches bravo and style but those aren't in the top 120 but only in top 200 and up. Does top 200 really offer that many more channels to justify paying the 10.00 more? I wish those channels were in the top 120.

I am also in t200 due to bravo, style & tru tv.

In return I get nbatv, sci

It's actually $15 more than top 120 (120+ appears to have only a couple of additional channels in my case--which I guess are described as "regional sports"), although I can't recall ever needing those channels for local college football.

It's actually $15 more than top 120 (120+ appears to have only a couple of additional channels in my case--which I guess are described as "regional sports"), although I can't recall ever needing those channels for local college football.

AT120+ gets you the RSN in your market and a couple other sports channels
AT200 is (as posted above) the best bang for the buck

I've seen our customer reports and the AT200 is what the majority of them have. The second most is the AT120 and then a small percentage of everything else.

The people on this site care a lot more about TV and pay a lot more attention to the industry. The average customer has no idea what they have they just want to be able to watch TV. Most just want the basics as long as it has the channels they watch the most. This may blow your mind but we still have people sign up for Dish and do not want a DVR. :eek:

...... This may blow your mind but we still have people sign up for Dish and do not want a DVR. :eek:

And the Villagers gathered together their pitchforks and torches.....

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I just recently went from the 250 to the 120. Only channel I lost that I record is BBCAHD, and I can get that elsewhere. We record over 30 hours a week in general, so Im not missing anything by being on the 120 plan LOL. Id say 60% of what we record is OTA locals.

I recently dropped from 250 to 120. Only two channels I'm missing are H2 and NFL network. Figure I can live without H2 and I can add the multi sport package during NFL season to get NFL network back.

I recently dropped from the AEP to AT200 and dropped a Joey to express my displeasure about the rumored fee increase. Since we were eventually grandfathered in I restored the Joey but I found that the AT200 package is more than sufficient for viewing and you can usually get a deal on the premiums so I'm staying with the AT200.

Figure I can live without H2 and I can add the multi sport package during NFL season to get NFL network back.
The way the History Channel has configured H2, it is a difficult channel to be without. You have to wait for all the top-line content to filter out to the main channel and that's kinda iffy.

Given the expense of DVD recorders and the clumsy way most of them operate, it is surely easier to go with what you know.

Contrary to the HD snobs of the world, some people still watch for content. Either that or they are such incredible tightwads that they'll step over dollars to pick up dimes.

do these people use a VCR then?

Some do and others use nothing. He have a large base of customers that are elderly and do not want anything they think will confuse them. The older customers come to us because of the service we provide since we are local but most of the younger crowd just go straight to Dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts