Top 180 pack only requires 61.5?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HiDefGuy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 26, 2004
Tidewater, VA
Top 180 pack + HD only requires 61.5?

I signed up for Dish yesterday (942 receiver, America's top 180 + HD) with no locals. He told me I would be using a dish 500 pointed at 61.5. Is that correct? What would happen if I added locals later? (Since I found out you can't watch locals on TV2)

Hmm, why would he read me that from his computer? He gave me all the info to point to the satellite...

My appt. is May 5, you think maybe E* plans on using Rainbow 1 already?

So regardless of locals, for T180+HD I have to point to 110/119?

That is correct. All of the main Dish programming is from 110/119.

Some extra channels, local channels and Sky Angel is on 61.5. If you have a local there then Dish will hook up 61.5 for FREE.

Even if they won't do it for free, it is a good idea to have 61.5 to future-proof your system. You never know what Dish will do with Rainbow 1.

Here is a list of what is on 61.5:
http://ekb.dbstalk.com/143

The reason for the 61.5 for your system, which will consist of 2 dishes, is that CBS HD comes off of 61.5, but the rest of your channels will be off of the 110/119

I don't suppose there is a cool site like antennaweb that will let me see which direction in my yard 110/119 is in? I had a lucky straight shot to put a dish on a pole for 61.5, I have a lot of trees in my yard and am a little worried about 110/119.

Dish Dude said:
The reason for the 61.5 for your system, which will consist of 2 dishes, is that CBS HD comes off of 61.5, but the rest of your channels will be off of the 110/119

He doesn't have locals through Dish, so he wouldn't qualify for CBS-HD.

All he should get is a Dish500

119 is approx at 247° azimuth and 28° elevation
110 is approx at 238° azimuth and 35° elevation
61.5 is approx at 166° azimuth and 44° elevation.

All these are corrected from Magnetic North.

See ya
Tony

Because I can't watch my locals on TV2 with the 942, it look like I have to get locals as well...so I will probably have the locals package.

Whats the deal with getting CBS-HD over satellite?

zip 23701.

TNGTony said:
119 is approx at 247° azimuth and 28° elevation
110 is approx at 238° azimuth and 35° elevation
61.5 is approx at 166° azimuth and 44° elevation.

All these are corrected from Magnetic North.

See ya
Tony

119 worries me because its so low, and pretty sure that points to trees in the back of my yard (though far away)

I guess E* favors west coast customers...E*, you ready to use Rainbow 1??

HiDefGuy said:
Because I can't watch my locals on TV2 with the 942, it look like I have to get locals as well...so I will probably have the locals package.

Whats the deal with getting CBS-HD over satellite?

zip 23701.

you will need a Superdish for the locals, so now you're looking at 105, 110 & 119

The reason I didnt say anything about CBS-HD is you have to qualify for it and only 35% of the people can

Your CBS has to be owned and operated by the network to get CBS-HD or be in a white area, which as a new customer is pretty much long gone

Iceberg said:
you will need a Superdish for the locals, so now you're looking at 105, 110 & 119

The reason I didnt say anything about CBS-HD is you have to qualify for it and only 35% of the people can

Your CBS has to be owned and operated by the network to get CBS-HD or be in a white area, which as a new customer is pretty much long gone

Ok, I won't qualify for CBS-HD, but our OTA is pretty good so no worries.

Superdish is the big elliptical right? Three sats, does the dish do a good job on all or is it better to get them to use two dishes?

I probably need to call them asap to add locals and get them to change the setup appointment?? Whats the best way I can try to find a good spot for 105/110/119?

I want to add 61.5 also

I have a dish 500 with twin LNB's that I want to put on the roof with my superdish (119, 110, 105) running into a DP34. Can I point the 500 at 61.5 and use another DP34 or DP21 or two to tie it all together or do I need a DP44 first?

HiDefGuy said:
Ok, I won't qualify for CBS-HD, but our OTA is pretty good so no worries.

Superdish is the big elliptical right? Three sats, does the dish do a good job on all or is it better to get them to use two dishes?

I probably need to call them asap to add locals and get them to change the setup appointment?? Whats the best way I can try to find a good spot for 105/110/119?

correct. SD is the eliptical one and you should add them before they come out so they know you need one

Tonner said:
I have a dish 500 with twin LNB's that I want to put on the roof with my superdish (119, 110, 105) running into a DP34. Can I point the 500 at 61.5 and use another DP34 or DP21 or two to tie it all together or do I need a DP44 first?

for one receiver, you can cascade a DP21 on one output of a DP34

I want to add 61.5 also.

I have 2 811's and I was hoping to get 61.5 on both 811 receivers. can I send the other LNB on the dish 500 to another receivers via another DP21?
So total I have a superdish with 3 LNB's feeding all three to dish ports on the first DP34 switch. Then I hang a second DP34 and feed the 2 811's from two DP21's which are connected to the new DP34 switch ports. Is this possible?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)