Top Gear not showing as new

qposner

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 20, 2004
When I was with D* the guide data supplier was not marking Top Gear (the good UK one, not the terrible US one) as new because it was previously showing overseas. Looks like Dish has the same problem. Anyone find a way to record the series without having to force it to record each week? Thanks!

You do know that the US airing runs behind the UK. The new season started on the Jan 27th in the UK but it doesn't start here in the US until Feb 4th.

So are you looking at the right episode? My 722 shows next weeks episode (the season premiere) at 8pm central on BBCA as new. Maybe it is a Hopper problem too?

You do know that the US airing runs behind the UK. The new season started on the Jan 27th in the UK but it doesn't start here in the US until Feb 4th.

So are you looking at the right episode? My 722 shows next weeks episode (the season premiere) at 8pm central on BBCA as new. Maybe it is a Hopper problem too?

I do know that. The 2/4 showing is at 8:20-9:40pm on my Hopper. It shows originally aired 1/27. So, its not marking as new.

Its the Hopper guide then. My 722 shows 8-9:20 and New.
It has the correct episode info although the title is wrong as it shows Slash and Kimi Raikkonen, from the last season finale.

I watched it yesterday on the BBC with my VPN. It's a great episode. Jezza in his little P45 car is hilarious

Shows as new on my 612, I noticed it set to record.

Side note - hate the US version, like the British version.....

I never use manual timers and I know the Hopper didn't have them, but possibly was added in a recent s/w update, but that's one way. Tell it to record channel 135 at a specific time on whatever day it's on.

I'll have to try this myself or figure something out as I watch this as well. Worst case is I'll record new and reruns and have to delete episodes...

Everyone seems to hate the US version.

I find it entertaining, of course it's no where near as entertaining as the UK version. I put that down to US TV executives though and what they think the US public wants, and it has some merit as the ratings are good enough for History to keep putting it on.

I put the US version above the now cancelled Aussie version but I enjoy them all.

It shows new on my Hopper and HWS.

image-1439265492.jpg

Everyone seems to hate the US version.
It's pretty much that way with almost all US versions of British shows. They tend to remove all of the interesting bits, and also dumb them down quite a bit. Plus, many of those shows' positive attributes are due to the British culture itself, and simply don't work in a non-British setting.

Its the Hopper guide then. My 722 shows 8-9:20 and New.
It has the correct episode info although the title is wrong as it shows Slash and Kimi Raikkonen, from the last season finale.

I watched it yesterday on the BBC with my VPN. It's a great episode. Jezza in his little P45 car is hilarious

I just logged into Dish Anywhere since im at work. It STILL shows as 8:20-9;40. Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan is running 7:20-8:20 beforehand. This seems strange. Is it possible my guide is messed up?

Do this: Watch a UK version of the celebrity race lap and then watch the US version.

See how lame the US one seems...

Not arguing, I'm just saying they each have their own attributes that make them appealing to different people.

Speaking of which, make sure not to miss Damian Lewis' run in the Star in Reasonably Price Car segment Monday on the premiere. It is one for the history books!

I agree with Gary. The British culture and quirks is what makes a lot of their programming appealing to me. Anyone that's seen many of my posts in the programming area, knows I watch a lot of British, Canadian, Irish and Australian tv, much more than I watch US programming.

The Voice of Ireland, Murdoch Mysteries, Great British Menu, Masterchef South Africa and Top Gear UK are my current viewing choices this month. Not much US programming interest me right now.

I just logged into Dish Anywhere since im at work. It STILL shows as 8:20-9;40. Wild Things with Dominic Monaghan is running 7:20-8:20 beforehand. This seems strange. Is it possible my guide is messed up?

I don't have the Hopper, but my guess is the guide data is corrupt. Maybe it will clear itself tomorrow after the guide data updates.

I agree, I would wait till tomorrow and don't skip the nightly update tonight so that the guide data will fully update. Since my Hopper and HWS both show the correct EPG info for this show, I think yours is just off for some reason and the update should fix it.

Be warned that while the first showing shows as "NEW" with 2/4 as the original air date, historically all subsequent showings will have the original UK airdate and will not be automatically picked up if the first showing is skipped by priority or something.

Be warned that while the first showing shows as "NEW" with 2/4 as the original air date, historically all subsequent showings will have the original UK airdate and will not be automatically picked up if the first showing is skipped by priority or something.

Well that sucks. Why can't they get this figured out? Can't be that tough.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)